Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to acsessorize/is it too short? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok as you know i am loosing weight, and almost lost 1.5st (got like 1lb to go! hehe) anyway, i treated myself today to a NEW dress in 2 sizes smaller than i used to be!!! (and its still a bit gappy!)

Not only have i discovered how long and fab my legs are, but also now ive discovered these legs, there is the debate between to wear or not to wear something under!!

I want to show my legs off but at the same time, is it showing *too* much?!

I've got a black cardigan to go over, plus you can see i have some court shoes on, but im thinking is it worth bothering with a necklace?!

this is for my cousins 21st on sunday

and the most important question, do i look a bit of a **** in the dress? I like it but honest opinions will be valued (appropiately honest, no calling me fatty names )

apologies for the low quality

One of the shoes

ReputationRep:
    How come you're allowed to take the piss out of adonis physique thread but you put a disclaimer on yours?

Honestly I don't think this dress suits you, it's way too short.

ReputationRep:
    Looks great hun Your figure looks really nice in that dress (I'm sure it does anyway)

Definitely don't need to wear anything underneath, you have nice legs, it's not too short and it's not too cold out at the minute Your legs are a nice colour too so don't even have to cover them like mine!!!

I think the accessories should be a little bit colourful if possible? A neck would look nice with the low neck line. You could wear almost any shoes with that dress too, ace!!

ReputationRep:
    I think a belt would like nice to (along the join)... after thought!! X

ReputationRep:
    I have a flowery dress a bit like yours, and found that wearing it with flats was better as it is super short. If you've got the confidence to wear it with heels, then I say go for it

ReputationRep:
    I really don't like it :\ The frills on the lower half don't do much justice to your frame in my opinion. It's not horrible though, and you'd be able to just pull off wearing it, so yeah go ahead ^^

ReputationRep:
    it doesnt really suit ya.... cuz of the shape of your body (not the size)... you need something longer? jus a lil longer ALSO do not wear flats with it cuz u will look stumpy.. hope i ent offended ya x

ReputationRep:
    I personally think it is a little too short and not at all flattering.

ReputationRep:
    Too short without tights, and it doesn't flatter your frame at all. Rule-of-thumb: fuller-figured girls cannot wear floral-patterned dresses without looking hideously frumpy. Try again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrightGirl)
    I personally think it is a little too short and not at all flattering.
    This. I don't think it looks good at all. :no:

That is not a good look for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rape Me)
    This. I don't think it looks good at all. :no:
    you have a scary name. :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    dress doesn't suit you

go with something a little longer, no busy patterns and the....things..at the bottom of the dress

ReputationRep:
    wow, does it really look that bad?

Comparing it to my photos when i was a size 20/22 ...to the dress im in which is a size 14-16...i was shocked at how much better i looked.

I guess i'll return it then, and get something longer..i just wanted something a bit different, i used to cover myself up loads when i was bigger

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGimpMan)
    i think you have a bit more than that to go, my dear :rolleyes:
    I think she might have meant that she has one pound to go before she has lost 1.5 st.

OP - I think the dress is a little short because although you have lovely legs you appear to be more apple shaped and the dress emphasizes your really thin legs in contrast to your body. (sorry if that comes across as mean, but I just don't think it is the right dress for your body. good job on losing the weight though)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subcutaneous)
    wow, does it really look that bad?

Comparing it to my photos when i was a size 20/22 ...to the dress im in which is a size 14-16...i was shocked at how much better i looked.

I guess i'll return it then, and get something longer..i just wanted something a bit different, i used to cover myself up loads when i was bigger
    I know exactly what you mean, going from size 14 to size 8 I wanted to buy eveything I've tried on - because I wasn't used to seeing myself with such a small frame and liked how slim I was (even if the clothes didn't suit me). You look lovely and well done for losing so much weight & keeping at it, just remember that this will be obvious in *every* dress you wear - even a slighly longer one.

ReputationRep:
    It looks rather nice, it's just a few cm too short for you maybe If you do feel comfortable with it, wear it though. I'd get something like this:

http://www.monsoon.co.uk/invt/584397...orizebracelets

http://www.monsoon.co.uk/invt/584398...orizebracelets

Maybe earrings but don't get too much.

ReputationRep:
    I agree that whilst it is a nice pattern, it is too short and so it draws the focus to your upper body actually, rather than to your legs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subcutaneous)
    Ok as you know i am loosing weight, and almost lost 1.5st (got like 1lb to go! hehe) anyway, i treated myself today to a NEW dress in 2 sizes smaller than i used to be!!! (and its still a bit gappy!)

Not only have i discovered how long and fab my legs are, but also now ive discovered these legs, there is the debate between to wear or not to wear something under!!

I want to show my legs off but at the same time, is it showing *too* much?!

I've got a black cardigan to go over, plus you can see i have some court shoes on, but im thinking is it worth bothering with a necklace?!

this is for my cousins 21st on sunday

and the most important question, do i look a bit of a **** in the dress? I like it but honest opinions will be valued (appropiately honest, no calling me fatty names )

apologies for the low quality

One of the shoes

It's up to you in the end but I do think it's too short. But maybe it's because I don't have balls (you know what I mean I think - i'm not saying you're a man!). It is stunning though
    Personally, i'd go with a necklace and a bracelet. I'm not sure about a cardigan, you could post a picture of the dress with the cardigan on?

ReputationRep:
    I personally think it's a bit short for you, but if you like it go ahead! Confidence is the most attractive thing I think Just don't wear it if you're not confident in it because you'll spend all night worrying what people are thinking etc and not enjoy yourself.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.