Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have got only the O'Level which is equal to the GCSE I guess.I am 25 and would like to go back to studying(have a degree) but with my qualifications,I do not have the exact requirements for undergraduate degrees.What do I do,which schools give advises to some1 like me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yembel04)
    I have got only the O'Level which is equal to the GCSE I guess.I am 25 and would like to go back to studying(have a degree) but with my qualifications,I do not have the exact requirements for undergraduate degrees.What do I do,which schools give advises to some1 like me?
    do a foundation year then go on to do a degree?

ReputationRep:
    Contact the university, and tell them exactly what qualifications you have, and they'll be able to give you advice that is tailored to your situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yembel04)
    As you are over 21 you would be classified as a mature student. This means that your requirements are not as strict and do not all relate to traditional qualifications. There is a list here with more of an explanation as to the recognised entry routes that Edinburgh ask for. Just google "mature student entry requirements" and the universities that you are interested in to find out what they ask for.

ReputationRep:
    Access course at your local college- one year, qualifications don't matter, to get into uni

ReputationRep:
    There's absolutely no need to do an access course unless your degree/A-level equivalents are in broadly different subject areas, and I'm pretty sure access courses can only help you into certain degree programmes anyway (Primary Ed., Medicine, Nursing...). Don't worry about O-levels being not as good as GCSEs, we all know the opposite is true!

As artorscience? says, look at the mature student entry requirements page and my advice would be to e-mail the admissions department of the course your interested in applying to for further advice and confirmation of these issues. The uni (like anywhere) can get themselves confused about these things so it's best to keep any correspondence for future reference. You should be able to find the relevant email addresses in the prospectus.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 10, 2009
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.