Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to approach my cafe cashier girl? Watch

• View Poll Results: How to approach her?
    Next time I ask for food just go direct and ask her number
    17.86%
    Next time I ask for food ask he what she's doing this wekend
    44.64%
    Wait til her shift is probably over and ask her number
    10.71%
    Don't do anything, just keep eating at the cafe as usual and smile back at her
    16.07%
    Ignore it all and stay away from that place
    10.71%

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm the guy who made that thread about picking a soup...fact is I only drink soup at that cafe to see this really really really cute girl who works there who takes the orders and deals the money at the cash register.

Her smile is heartwarming and she has an awesome smile. And she's always so cheerful, and I'm pretty sure I'm not imagining things but she seems to be awfully nicer and sweeter when talking to me than to other people. Aw when she looks into my eyes I feel awesome. And when she touches my hand to give me my change I feel great!

Many problems though. I have a feeling she's a bit older than me by maybe a year or two perhaps. Also the biggest problem is I'm not even sure if she's into me and I really don't want to make a fool of myself as I may still go to the cafe later! Ahh I'm not sure what to do. for these couple of months I've been brushing it all off as a harmless fancy but maybe there's something to be made of it?

I've found that I'm a kind of sensitive guy. Also crazy. :eek3:

So what should I do just ignore it and keep being a great customer or should I make a move? Should I go all out and ask her out on a date directly or should I just ignore her forever? What if one of her coworkers is her boyfriend and kicks me out and then my boss finds out I've gotten kicked out of the hospital cafe? Ahhhh.

Maybe I'll get over it in a few weeks...just need to get it off my chest somewhat anonymously

ReputationRep:
    How about just trying to talk to her first?

ReputationRep:
    Talk to her each time she serves you, say stuff like "up to much tonight?" which is suggestive but innocuous, or "How is your shift going?" bound to get an engaged response. If you get her talking, maybe a few weeks later invite her to a party? Or perhaps she says she is going somewhere like a club then you can get you and your mates to manufacture a coincidence.

ReputationRep:
    If you're a bit shy, why not pay with a note and hand it her, along with a bit of paper with a little note and your number on?

ReputationRep:
    To her, you are just another customer. You are overthinking things.

Unless you make a move. It's bordering on stalking if you just go there to watch her but not do anything about it lol. Next time, don't think too long, write down your number, pass it to her and say 'Hey there, you up to much this weekend? Here's my number if you fancy joining me for a few drinks'. Don't ask for and expect an answer as you will sound desperate. Keep it simple or you'll piss off the other customers in the queue.

Don't ask her out on a proper date; she doesn't even know you and you'll just be placing her on the spot and freaking her out. If a co-worker is indeed her boyfriend, then he can't do anything other than politely ask you to move on as they will not want to scare the other customers away by making a scene.

If she doesn't call you, then hey at least you've finally got it off your chest and it won't be ackward again as you won't have to visit the same cafe anymore Not only that, but you will have bettered your confidence so the next time you see a hot girl working behind the counter, you will just go in and not overthink the situaton. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    ok ok thanks all...maybe i'll try the subtle approach! ahhh

ReputationRep:
    she's probably been hit on loads of times, be your unique self
    if you act like the other guys that drool on her then you won't get anywhere
    i cant say much more

ReputationRep:
    What if she doesn't want it? Isn't the op going to end up embarrassed?

ReputationRep:
    Does she wear a name badge or anything like that?
    You need to find out her name so you can look her up on Facebook et al and learn EVERYTHING POSSIBLE about her entire life before you make your move.

good luck!

ps. don't forget to download the pictures

ReputationRep:
    Use body language to let her know you like her, then start a conversation with confidence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by football mad)
    What if she doesn't want it? Isn't the op going to end up embarrassed?
    Would you rather be embarrassed or have a girlfriend? If you don't take chances, you don't get anything.

The law of grabbity states - I sees it, I grabs it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mermania)
    Does she wear a name badge or anything like that?
    You need to find out her name so you can look her up on Facebook et al and learn EVERYTHING POSSIBLE about her entire life before you make your move.

good luck!

ps. don't forget to download the pictures
    Hahaha
    Skillful troll at work

ReputationRep:
    You should hand her a note saying:

'If you'll go out with me, give me tomato soup'

'If you won't go out with me, give me minnestrone. I can't stand minnestrone.'

It'll make her laugh so even if you're rejected it won't be awkward.

I win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1tadakimasu)
    To her, you are just another customer. You are overthinking things.

Unless you make a move. It's bordering on stalking if you just go there to watch her but not do anything about it lol. Next time, don't think too long, write down your number, pass it to her and say 'Hey there, you up to much this weekend? Here's my number if you fancy joining me for a few drinks'. Don't ask for and expect an answer as you will sound desperate. Keep it simple or you'll piss off the other customers in the queue.

Don't ask her out on a proper date; she doesn't even know you and you'll just be placing her on the spot and freaking her out. If a co-worker is indeed her boyfriend, then he can't do anything other than politely ask you to move on as they will not want to scare the other customers away by making a scene.

If she doesn't call you, then hey at least you've finally got it off your chest and it won't be ackward again as you won't have to visit the same cafe anymore Not only that, but you will have bettered your confidence so the next time you see a hot girl working behind the counter, you will just go in and not overthink the situaton. Good luck!

Yeah, I agree with 1tadakimasu. All us guys go through the 'what do I say', 'how do I say it', bla bla bla. But at the end of the day, girls like getting asked out. You won't be making a fool of yourself asking a cute girl for her number, if anything, other guys will be wishing they had the confidence to do it too.

It is always good to try to get talking to the girl before you go straight into the deep end and giving her your number, but is she only works behind a counter serving folk, sometimes the quick direct approach is your only option.

Important thing is to be confident, but not cocky. And if no luck this time, practice makes perfect, there are loads of nice single girls out there.....but as I am competing with you, no chatting girls up in Glasgow, OK mate? :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grantrough)
    but as I am competing with you, no chatting girls up in Glasgow, OK mate? :P
    ok you don't have to worry about that...yet! :o:

thanks again for the advice except for the stalkerish one that may not be good :P

ahh i like the soup idea that might be my approach hmm. anyway i have the weekend to think about it. btw i didn't get soup today at all because i was too flustered lol :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Awww it amazes me that guys put so much thought into asking a girl out. Girls are the same I think, though when I asked my boyfriend out the first time it was a spur of the moment thing, because i wouldn't have done it if i contemplated outright rejection from the outset. As it happens, I asked him out and he said 'no'. So the main point to remember is, even if she does say no, take it on the chin.

Some of my experiences:

I remember one guy and his friend charming me and making me laugh lots lol before moving in for the 'kill'... so that's one further approach you could take.

Another guy I chatted to took my number under the pretext he need some information from me (don't ask, but it was supposed to be related to what we were talking about).. I didn't reply to his text asking me out, which on considering this thread, was probably a bit mean (?).

Those examples above are probably NOT the way to go about charming this girl.

P.S the soup thing is cute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goldstar1927)
    Awww it amazes me that guys put so much thought into asking a girl out. Girls are the same I think, though when I asked my boyfriend out the first time it was a spur of the moment thing, because i wouldn't have done it if i contemplated outright rejection from the outset. As it happens, I asked him out and he said 'no'. So the main point to remember is, even if she does say no, take it on the chin.

Some of my experiences:

I remember one guy and his friend charming me and making me laugh lots lol before moving in for the 'kill'... so that's one further approach you could take.

Another guy I chatted to took my number under the pretext he need some information from me (don't ask, but it was supposed to be related to what we were talking about).. I didn't reply to his text asking me out, which on considering this thread, was probably a bit mean (?).

Those examples above are probably NOT the way to go about charming this girl.

P.S the soup thing is cute.

ahhhh yah just gotta build up the confidence. maybe i'll practice my michael jackson moves this weekend. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Next time you're in there try and work up a boner, then poke her in the back with it.

Works every time....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoonosewot)
    Next time you're in there try and work up a boner, then poke her in the back with it.

Works every time....
    nooo that won't work. only in the club. besides if i try to go behind her ill get kicked out.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.