Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Due to family problems Ive had to repeat my 2nd year at City University doing Mechanical Engineering doing 2 modules. But during this repeat year my family problems have continued (grandmother having cancer and grandfather having alzeimas). This has caused me to be in a state of depression and I have been seeing the councellor.

Because of this I have missed a lot of lectures and courseworks. Although the counsellor helped me pass my exams, I am scared my coursework will make me fail the course. Although I know Extenuated Circumstances could give me another chance, the deadline is over now and all I can do is Appeal if I fail.

I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem and has the university allowed them to redo the coursework? I am worried that because of coursework will get me kicked out of University and not achieve my degree.

ReputationRep:
    Well I was raised by my grandmother and she aint off a old age, She is only 65. And I didnt even realise I had depression until I was told by the counsellor. If you could answer the question that would be helpful but please do not comment on my grandparents as you said, it is insensitive.

ReputationRep:
    Also It wasnt all due to my depression, why i didnt attend uni. I was staying in Liverpool a lot of the time to care and help my grandmother as she has also gone blind. And I am still currently doing that. So if anyone can help, please do.

ReputationRep:
    It just gets worse and worse for you doesn't it...

Anyway, why don't you get into contact with your undergraduate office and ask them, because it's not very likely anyone's going to have experienced the exact same issues as you.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Contact your university and also possibly the Student Union. No one here will really be able to help with your specific case.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lots guys, Just aint got a reply from any of my lecturers and im ******** myself. And a lot of my friends are on the same boat and they also failed exams aswell but they dnt seem to even give a crap. Plus my counsellors gone on holiday or she couldve at least given me a bit of advice. Hopefully I'll get my results so I can prepare for an appeal or my lecturers will get back to me soon.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.