GCSEs in January? Watch

muthologos
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I've missed about a year of school due to illness, and consequently I was unable to sit my GCSEs or my mocks this year. Now, my teachers have already said I only need 5 GCSEs, so that's not a problem - but my question is, would I be able to sit my GCSEs this January? I already know all the syllabus, and I'd have a tutor, so I feel confident I could do well in the exams. I don't want to waste a year learning things that I already know, and ideally I'd like to start my AS levels as soon as possible. I've already asked my teachers but it's the end of term now, so I don't know if I'll get a reply until September. Do you guys think this would be at all possible?

Thanks in advance for your help.
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Some subjects can be taken in November, other exams are available at various times in the year. If you know which exam board/specification your school uses you can check the timetable here
http://www.modernisationonline.org.uk/comptimetable/
student070289
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Most specifications are only available in June. It is usually only AS and A-levels that are available in January, but for some courses this will be changing for specifications for first teaching from September 2009. It is possible to take some GCSE science modules in January.
Econight
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Depends on the board really as most are June sittings only, also depends if a new specification is out, modular specifications are best for January sittings I think.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (76)
27.54%
No (200)
72.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed