Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ground troop warfare between the US and UK - Who wins? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Our tanks are equipped to make tea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bateman)
    Lmao, you said "Of course Britain comes in the top ten" I mever said they don't! I said they don't come in the top 5!

You are obviously a blind patriot. Instead of saying the "training" is better etc. look at the training and compare it with other coiuntries.

Canada, Australia and France have better trained soldiers than the UK. FACT.
    NO

this grand knowledge of yours comming from you playing call of duty 4 and now you think your the dogs bollox throwing around nothing more than a ridiculous opinion

none of the special forces units from canada, australia or france even come close to the SAS

do yourself a favour and watch these two programes "Combat School - Canadian Army" and "Commando - In the front line (royal marines)"

they both show the training the soldiers go through in canada and britain, you will see how laid back and ineffective canadas soldier training is (maybe thats why proportionally that have took the most cassulties out of every country involved in afghanistan) when you compare it to that of the british training

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...rces_Selection

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2369909.stm

oh and...

ReputationRep:
    Fixed
    lol, thanks. That's what I meant. :p:

(Original post by Diamond Diva)
    Who said I was referring to the IDF? It was more an analysis of Batefail's mentality.
    Palestinians waving pitchfork was Bateman's mentality?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delta Usafa)
    Palestinians waving pitchfork was Bateman's mentality?
    If we're going to be pedantic about language use, I didn't realise an entire group of people could all wave around a single pitchfork

ReputationRep:
    If we're going to be pedantic about language use, I didn't realise an entire group of people could all wave around a single pitchfork
    .... I am extremely confused right now.

Israel was mentioned as having one of the highest trained armies in the world. You replied laughing at it and referring to Palestinians waving pitchforks, saying that they couldn't be listed in the top 5. I think it's obvious what you were referring to.

ReputationRep:
    .... I am extremely confused right now.

Israel was mentioned as having one of the highest trained armies in the world. You replied laughing at it and referring to Palestinians waving pitchforks, saying that they couldn't be listed in the top 5. I think it's obvious what you were referring to.
    You can debate the pragmatics of my post all you wish, I wasn't referring to the IDF in the slightest. You would understand if you knew his posting history prior to his period of absence. You're not omniscient, no matter how much you would like to believe.

ReputationRep:
    You can debate the pragmatics of my post all you wish, I wasn't referring to the IDF in the slightest. You would understand if you knew his posting history prior to his period of absence. You're not omniscient, no matter how much you would like to believe.
    Sooooo... please explain who you were referring to and how it was ever implied that the Palestinians came in the top 5?

ReputationRep:
    Sooooo... please explain who you were referring to and how it was ever implied that the Palestinians came in the top 5?
    :ditto:

Really confused.

ReputationRep:
    what about them?:rolleyes:

nothing really, i was just supporting the country i was born in!

I want to see afight between Brown and Obama. Boxing or Wrestling or something along those lines. Place bets on Obama though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H.JJJ)
    nothing really, i was just supporting the country i was born in!

I want to see afight between Brown and Obama. Boxing or Wrestling or something along those lines. Place bets on Obama though.
    i dont know brown is a fighter, i'd imagine him to be like rocky except no depth perception:awesome:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.