Changing Courses Watch

Coolaid
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
This will probably sound insane, but I have been doing Journalism for the last two years and have really messed up the last term with (possibly) terrible results. I have had doubts about this course since my first year but have been too scared to do something about it. Do you think it is possible to change to a Business course (I have researched and thought long and hard and come to a decision, so it's not just a random change). I know I would have to start all over again, and I understand that. It's been two years, and it is July so is it too late or is there still a chance?
.ACS.
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The only thing you can do is talk with your university (the best place to start is your personal tutor) and see what they say. A lot of people change courses at the end of the first year (and go directly into the second year), so you might still be able to go into the second year of a business course.

Did you choose any business/management/economics electives in your first two years?
Coolaid
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I didn't do anything like that, it's just a simple case of starting all over again, but obviously you're right, I have to talk to my University. I'm kind of nervous about talking to them because I feel like I am messing them around after two years. If there are spaces, and I have the grades, is there any reason for my University not to allow me to switch a course and start again (from year one).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (98)
25.45%
No (287)
74.55%

Watched Threads