Turn on thread page Beta

Ok so my boyfriend and I haven't spent much quality time together lately, as in just the 2 of us (we only see eachother on weekends as it is). Last week his parents were supposed to be going away but then didn't, and until thismorning the same thing was supposed to be happening but now they're staying home and i'm supposed to be at his this weekend.

Basically what I'm saying is (and i don't have a problem with his family) if we're at his, his sister (15) will wanna hang out with us, he'll play video games (cos he can cos his pc is at his house, and there's not much else to do in the tiny village where he lives).

I want to ask him to mine this weekend but 1. He's been to mine 3 weeks in a row (its a 45 min drive) apart from last week when i went to his and 2. Will he mind / be offended that I asked at such short notice?

PLEASE HELP ASAP

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Wait so does he not want you at his while his parents are at home? Or would you prefer not to be there? If he would prefer that you didn't come to his then i see no problem in asking him...
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I don't think he'll mind at all... He'll want to see you right? :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    I live about that distance from my boyfriend and we're at his end all the time at the moment (due to circumstance, not his fault). You should try and mix it up as much as you can, it's nice to have your partner at your home. Maybe see what you can do about the situation at his end? Get him to have a word with his sister and promise to keep his computer games turned off whilst you're there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by impervious)
    Wait so does he not want you at his while his parents are at home? Or would you prefer not to be there? If he would prefer that you didn't come to his then i see no problem in asking him...
    I'd prefer not to be there. Don't get me wrong I like going to his etc but lately i just feel we could spend more quality time together. Also, next weekend im going on holiday with him and his family so surely it wont matter if he comes here this weekend?

I just wondered if i was being unreasonable or not?

ReputationRep:
    you really overthink stuff too much.

if you want to ask him to come round yours. DO IT.
    if he has a problem with it he'll say something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kateasaurus)
    I'd prefer not to be there. Don't get me wrong I like going to his etc but lately i just feel we could spend more quality time together. Also, next weekend im going on holiday with him and his family so surely it wont matter if he comes here this weekend?

45min is quite a drive.. but I think it would do no harm in asking him, and even explaining how you feel. I doubt he would react badly to that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kateasaurus)

You forgot to post as anon??

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 10, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.