Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm 19 took a gap year last year when i finished my A levels at 18, asked the uni last year for a gap year and they said it was ok and that they'll save my placement for a year , now i'm back to the country, i'm suppose to start uni this september , but something popped up and i need another gap year before i go to uni.

In this case will my uni allow me to take another year off ? will they save my placement for another year? will they wait for two years? Basically taking a 2 year gap, is it permissible throughout universities? i still haven't contacted my uni.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is possible, I've done that No problem at all.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I know people that have taken two, although i'm not sure the uni kept their space for that long or if they applied later.

ReputationRep:
    "something popped up"? Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ewan)
    "something popped up"? Lol
    I know right. =s

ReputationRep:
    is it better off going to the uni so they can actually see me in person. then tell them.

or a phone call and email is enough.??

would they ask for a reason for going off for another year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cesc)
    I'm 19 took a gap year last year when i finished my A levels at 18, asked the uni last year for a gap year and they said it was ok and that they'll save my placement for a year , now i'm back to the country, i'm suppose to start uni this september , but something popped up and i need another gap year before i go to uni.

In this case will my uni allow me to take another year off ? will they save my placement for another year? will they wait for two years? Basically taking a 2 year gap, is it permissible throughout universities? i still haven't contacted my uni.
    What is the exact reason for taking another gap year? This may affect the response.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moa)
    What is the exact reason for taking another gap year? This may affect the response.
    It might be a personal reason for the OP and the university to know, in which case that is absolutely none of your business.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.