Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The course for my insurance uni starts on the 1st Septemeber, and as far as I know you move in a week earlier for freshers? So if I get my results on 20th August, how the hell am I going to sort out finance, accommodation etc when I'm probably going to be moving in 3 days later? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    ive already sorted out my finance...

ReputationRep:
    Finance should have been sorted before now and accom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinket)
    The course for my insurance uni starts on the 1st Septemeber, and as far as I know you move in a week earlier for freshers? So if I get my results on 20th August, how the hell am I going to sort out finance, accommodation etc when I'm probably going to be moving in 3 days later? :confused:
    This is why you are recommended not to be on holiday when results are published. You should have applied for finance well before then, though, and will merely need to tell them of the change. Are you sure it starts on 1 September - it sounds like the beginning of the academic year to me? That is very early - most places start at the end of September or early October.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Where did you get that date from? If it's off Track, then it will be wrong. UCAS Track has a habit of displaying courses starting at the start of the month when they actually start much later.

ReputationRep:
    I have applied for finance, but don't you have to change it of you you end up not going to your firm? Sorry if I'm being retarded, I'm just a bit confused. And yes I got the date off UCAS track.

ReputationRep:
    If its for a London university, apparently, UCAS Track has put 1st September as the date for all of them, so it may not be right.

ReputationRep:
    With regards to student finance if you dont get your firm but get your insurence you just have to ring them up and tell them whats changed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperStaah)
    If its for a London university, apparently, UCAS Track has put 1st September as the date for all of them, so it may not be right.
    UCAS has merely quoted a generic date that corresponds to the start of the academic year. It is not the real start date.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinket)
    I have applied for finance, but don't you have to change it of you you end up not going to your firm? Sorry if I'm being retarded, I'm just a bit confused. And yes I got the date off UCAS track.
    You'll be ok OP don't worry. If you have already applied for finance using your firm uni's info then all you have to do is fill out a C01 form - Change in Circumstances (can get online or at your local LEA/student finance office in your town) and just fill it out. I had to do this last year with a change from Exeter to Nottingham and still got all my money on time
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Your student finance should be done already by now. As for accommodation and everything, that's plenty of time. The university will have taken all these things into account.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.