Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My phone is capable of having 5 alarms and if you don't turn it off, it does a snooze 9 minutes later.

So, if I know I have to wake up at a specific time, I could set an alarm at 6:00, 6:01, 6:02, etc.

Eventually I will wake up :ninja:

Also, the ringtone that you use is important:

Spoiler:
    Show

Even in this case, the top tone is better than the bottom tone because it is consistently louder. (Also, the pitch can also make a difference. Somewhere around 390Hz is better than 750Hz)

[Prizes if you can guess either song]

ReputationRep:
    Try a radio alarm clock?

I used my phone alarm for years but it got to the point where I was either sleeping through it or waking up, thinking it was a text/phonecall and then going back to sleep.

I've found it impossible to sleep through a radio (most alarm clocks will let you time a series of beeps like a normal alarm at varying intervals too)

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I don't think any alarm would do.
    If you have a loud older brother or annoying younger sister - get them to wake you up. Or tell your dad to spray some ice-cold water on your face. :top:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000UJM2VG/

I've got that, it's an excellent alarm. I have an old Retro LCD alarm from Habitat which I could just sleep through.
    But on the Sony DAB one I can have the buzzer and a radio station, never fails to wake me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wilkybar)
    from where? have you ever slept through it?
    Any supermarket really..Nope, but it doesn't ring on time sometimes so you have to pick out a good one :smile:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTallOne)
    My phone is capable of having 5 alarms and if you don't turn it off, it does a snooze 9 minutes later.

So, if I know I have to wake up at a specific time, I could set an alarm at 6:00, 6:01, 6:02, etc.

Eventually I will wake up :ninja:

Also, the ringtone that you use is important:

Spoiler:
    Show

Even in this case, the top tone is better than the bottom tone because it is consistently louder. (Also, the pitch can also make a difference. Somewhere around 390Hz is better than 750Hz)

[Prizes if you can guess either song]

how do i convert those wave images into soundtracks? i have a programme called audacity if that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cultivated)
    To be honest, I don't think any alarm would do.
    If you have a loud older brother or annoying younger sister - get them to wake you up. Or tell your dad to spray some ice-cold water on your face. :top:
    nope, just me, and parents wont wake me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khalaf)
    Any supermarket really..Nope, but it doesn't ring on time sometimes so you have to pick out a good one :smile:
    can i download it from online? whats it called?

ReputationRep:
    can i download it from online? whats it called?
    What? No of course you can't download it..I meant an actual physical alarm!

ReputationRep:
    how do i convert those wave images into soundtracks? i have a programme called audacity if that helps
    That is Audacity

It's just a song which I downloaded and edited so that it only includes a loud part of the song.

In addition, you can amplify it. (See Effects...) Boost it by a reasonable amount, and make sure you allow clipping.

Now it's up to you to find a song which is consistently loud. Dance, drum and bass - your choice. :music:

ReputationRep:
    Get the Hanging Alarm Clock! I don't have it, but found it on some gadget site, after hearing about it:

http://www.firebox.com/product/2236/...y_conversion=1

The noise it plays is extremely annoying, and it attaches to the ceiling. If you ignore it, it eventually goes up to the ceiling and won't stop, so you have to get out of bed to turn it off =p

Found on different sites, and the price isn't too bad either.

ReputationRep:
    I had the most annoying alarm clock ever a few years ago..
    Basically it has 4 puzzle pieces on the top. When the alarm goes off the four puzzle pieces pop off and the alarm doesn't stop buzzing until you put the pieces together. Sounds simple..but at 7am..it becomes the hardest task in the world!
    The pieces used to go like under the bed etc, & i'd have to climb out of bed to find/pick them up and then force my eyes open/concentrate to put the piece together. Allwaays wide awake by the time you get the thing to shutup! I couldn't hack it after a week though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTallOne)
    That is Audacity

It's just a song which I downloaded and edited so that it only includes a loud part of the song.

In addition, you can amplify it. (See Effects...) Boost it by a reasonable amount, and make sure you allow clipping.

Now it's up to you to find a song which is consistently loud. Dance, drum and bass - your choice. :music:
    ye but how do i import a png file into audacity? does it let you do that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chriztina27)
    I had the most annoying alarm clock ever a few years ago..
    Basically it has 4 puzzle pieces on the top. When the alarm goes off the four puzzle pieces pop off and the alarm doesn't stop buzzing until you put the pieces together. Sounds simple..but at 7am..it becomes the hardest task in the world!
    The pieces used to go like under the bed etc, & i'd have to climb out of bed to find/pick them up and then force my eyes open/concentrate to put the piece together. Allwaays wide awake by the time you get the thing to shutup! I couldn't hack it after a week though!
    ye someone suggested that, i looked at it online, it was about $100 i think, a little, or a lot outside my price range.

ReputationRep:
    Bell alarm. Mine sounds like a fire drill and is LOUD. I always wake up BEFORE the alarm because it always makes me jump.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khalaf)
    What? No of course you can't download it..I meant an actual physical alarm!
    hey sorry i confused you with NDGAARONDI who said i should get a software alarm for my computer. soz

thanks next time in tesco i'll look.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jazzehrox)
    Get the Hanging Alarm Clock! I don't have it, but found it on some gadget site, after hearing about it:

http://www.firebox.com/product/2236/...y_conversion=1

The noise it plays is extremely annoying, and it attaches to the ceiling. If you ignore it, it eventually goes up to the ceiling and won't stop, so you have to get out of bed to turn it off =p

Found on different sites, and the price isn't too bad either.
    wow. that is cool.
    will give some serious thought. thanks.

ReputationRep:
    i bought one that shoots a rocket off when the alarm goes off, and it only stops when you place the rocket back on it.

needed 4AAA batteries though, so never used it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by londonboym)
    i bought one that shoots a rocket off when the alarm goes off, and it only stops when you place the rocket back on it.

needed 4AAA batteries though, so never used it.
    can u provide link or something to it?

ReputationRep:
    can u provide link or something to it?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdXDat0aCLo

http://www.geekalerts.com/rocket-alarm-clock-2/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.