The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

wilkybar
ye but how do i import a png file into audacity? does it let you do that?

No, you can't.

You have to find and import your own 'choonz' (in a music file).
Reply 41
I have the exact same problem as you. For the last six years I have had the same alarm clock, and I am now immune to it. I am woken up by the first beep, I get out of bed, I turn it off, and I go back to sleep. Either that or I just sleep through it and it wakes my whole family up instead. So I am going to get a two-bell alarm clock. They are evil and will wake you up by giving you a heart attack.
Cultivated
To be honest, I don't think any alarm would do.
If you have a loud older brother or annoying younger sister - get them to wake you up. Or tell your dad to spray some ice-cold water on your face. :top:

:yep:
Reply 44
bigmo7
Get one of those alarm clocks that explodes (not literally) into many pieces then you have to put it back together again for it to switch off.....it's one way :wink:

That sounds soooo cool...where can I get one???? Try getting up at 5 each morning and commuting to London...THAT sucks. Thank fully I dont do that anymore. The sleep button should never have been invented
Hide your alarm or throw it to the other side of your room, so you have to get up (and wake up) to find it. :smile:
wilkybar
thanks for reply
just looked on argos website for the heli alarm clock, couldnt see it? any chance you could look and post link? really appreciate it thanks.

Hmm I can't seem to find it either... :s-smilie:

I remember seeing it in the Argos catalogue once but it was a while ago, so maybe they don't do them anymore. You could have a look at the actual catalogue (I think it's classed as a novelty alarm clock). Otherwise, you might be able to find it elsewhere or buy online.

Just thought of two more similar products you could also try. The flying alarm clock (similar to the helicopter one but it's just a little propellor that flies around instead of an actual helicopter model). And one called 'Clocky' which is like a little alarm clock with wheels and when it goes off, it scurries across the floor and you have to find it to switch it off. (Remember seeing it on The Gadget Show).
Reply 48

and anyone else who recommends sonic bomb,
it has a snooze button which is a problem. how long is the wire whcih attaches the vibrator to the clock? and how long does it go on for if nothing touches it, ie no off or snooze button pressed?
Use the alarm on your phone (theres bound to be one) and put the ringtone to an incredibly annoying song that you DETEST. and put your phone far enough away from you so that when it goes off you'll have to get up to knock it off.
If you hate the song enough. You will get up and turn it off no matter how tired you are and voila.. you're wakened at 7am. :wink:

Or change your phone time to be half and hour fast(depending on how long you want to lie in for)r so you wake up thinking its later than it is than it is... so you can lie in for longer without being late. :biggrin:
wilkybar
so what to do? do your parents wake you? mine wont its so annoying

My parents wake me up if they are in but sometimes they are both out early so i just have to try to get up on my own. I usually set a couple of alarms on my phone and my actual alarm clock, and even them iv slept in for work a couple of times.
wilkybar
ooh. theres an idea. what software? and can i put my comp on snooze and let the software "wake it up"?

http://download.cnet.com/Alarm-Clock/3000-2350_4-10064069.html?tag=mncol

It's free and I use it so it has to be okay. :wink:
Reply 52
go through your alarm clock tunes and set it on the loudest and most annoying one. as for subconsciously turning it off, put your phone far away from your bed so you HAVE to get up to turn it off.
Reply 53
you're screwed. i sleep through everything. literally. you could even beat the **** out of me when i'm asleep. i won't respond.
I used to have one of those old fashioned wind up ones with two bells on the top and a hammer.... Jeezus that thing scared the HELL out of me. I would actually scream in the morning it shocked me so much, I'd feel weepy and scared like after someone makes you jump!
Reply 55
enigma373
go through your alarm clock tunes and set it on the loudest and most annoying one. as for subconsciously turning it off, put your phone far away from your bed so you HAVE to get up to turn it off.

thanks for the response but if you read the first post carefully you would realise that wouldnt help, as it goes off after a ferw minutes, so i sleep through it.
noisy tunes might work once or twice, but no more than that.
I've never really needed an alarm clock, strangely. I always find that if I go to bed thinking about the time in the morning that I need to get up, I seem to just wake up naturally about 5-10 minutes before that time. And it works whatever time I want to get up, from the early hours right through to the afternoon. Does this work for anyone else, or am I just a freak? lol
screenager2004
I used to have one of those old fashioned wind up ones with two bells on the top and a hammer.... Jeezus that thing scared the HELL out of me. I would actually scream in the morning it shocked me so much, I'd feel weepy and scared like after someone makes you jump!

lol
My phone alarm usually does the trick, though i am rather suspect to removing the battery whilst still half asleep so the next alarm doesn't go off and i'm up late, it's a bad habit!

Latest

Trending

Trending