Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    are there any recent economic graduates from loughborough in here?

ReputationRep:
    I did 1/3 Economics modules, and I know loads. Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_wizard123)
    I did 1/3 Economics modules, and I know loads. Why?
    i was just wondering how hard thethird year is compared to the second? cos i need to get a relly good mark in my third year due to not doing well in my second year because of lack of effort

what economic modules did you do in the 2nd and 3rd year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chris_fc)
    i was just wondering how hard thethird year is compared to the second? cos i need to get a relly good mark in my third year due to not doing well in my second year because of lack of effort

I'm sort of in the same boat, the only difference is I got a poor mark because I'm stupid.

3rd year is not much more work, make sure you spend the summer going over what you learnt in the 2nd year and patch up any holes in your knowledge.

ReputationRep:

I've done Intro to Micro, Intro to Macro, Intermediate Micro, Intro to Econometrics, Economics of the Financial System, Econometric Modelling 1, Econometric Modelling 2, Economics of Industry and the Firm over the three years.

How well do you need to do in the final year to get a 2.1? As long as it's not much above 70 you'll be fine, if you work of course...

ReputationRep:
    How hard is the 2nd year compared with the first year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElemenT')
    How hard is the 2nd year compared with the first year?
    Not very. Macro is more advanced as you'd expect but Econometrics and Micro are really easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_wizard123)
    Not very. Macro is more advanced as you'd expect but Econometrics and Micro are really easy.

ha! econometrics is defineatly not easy!

ReputationRep:
    I thought I aced the Data Analysis exam and I'm very sure I got aleast 70% right, however my exam mark was much lower. I can even remember all my answers and I checked them after the exam and they were correct.... Is there anyway I can appeal because I know they have marked the paper wrong :/

ReputationRep:
    ha! econometrics is defineatly not easy!
    It is.

ReputationRep:
    Easy if you are good at maths and have maths/FM A-level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElemenT')
    Easy if you are good at maths and have maths/FM A-level.
    Nah they don't really help. There isn't much in Econometrics besides t-tests, and some basic stats. If second year BSc Economics students can't do basic stats then it's not too good really.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.