Turn on thread page Beta

After graduation? Panic! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have plans for after graduation?
    Or has graduated and can tell me what you did?

I've just finished my first year and am terrified at the prospect of graduating and entering the 'real world'!
    I can't afford postgrad studies (except perhaps PGCE which is funded) and would prefer not to move back home but what does that leave me with? I have few career ideas and besides which don't want to get a job and live alone (most of my home friends are graduating a year later and am transferring unis so don't really have any uni friends...)

I know I still have two years but I feel I should be preparing or at least have something to aim for, I'm studying English so there's no obvious career awaiting me.
    Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Why can't you afford it? You have two years to save Relax now, give it a year. You might have an idea in a few months!

ReputationRep:
    I would only do a PGCE if you actually want to teach. I think too many people graduate and then don't know what to do, so just end up going into teaching.

You have only done your first year. I am sure that you will get more ideas of what career you want before it comes round to graduating.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.