Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So, I'll just keep my fingers crossed.
    But is there anything to prepare or do in advance
    before 20th Aug? or Do I just wait doing nothing.

and is it slightly a positive sign that I might have
    a chance to get in after 20th Aug?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    You're going to have to hope all the A level people miss their offers :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Or at least some A level people. If you've only just missed your offer you'll probably be given precedence over an A level student who has missed theirs (this from a conversation with an Oxford admissions tutor). If you missed it by 4 points then its a different story.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by architecy)
    So, I'll just keep my fingers crossed.
    But is there anything to prepare or do in advance
    before 20th Aug? or Do I just wait doing nothing.

and is it slightly a positive sign that I might have
    a chance to get in after 20th Aug?
    You don't need to prepare, just wait.

I'm not sure it's a positive sign, everyone will have some chance if they miss their offer on the 20th August, I'd say you'd have to do exceptionally badly to get rejected outright.

ReputationRep:
    hm well thanks guys... I'll be calm then..

ReputationRep:
    I've been told to do the same.

I missed by one point.

I also think it helps if you don't do a popular course - I'll be at a disadvantage as history is very popular.

How much did you miss by? What course are you on? Good luck

ReputationRep:
    I missed by two points, and applied to Mech Engineering in UCL.. I guess it's not so popular in UCL ?

ReputationRep:
    My tutor is a universities admissionny person at my college and is fantastic. She's been helping me sort out getting in to university and she said that through discussions she's had with admissions tutors at uni over the years at the stage when it comes to filling remaining places with students who didn't meet their offer the people who are passionate about what they want to study definitely become noticed. So she's writing my university a letter to sing my praises and I will also be ringing and writing. It depends on how fussed you are by your university because my firm is really the only place and only course I want to study so for me clearing is pointless. It makes sense to show how much you love the course and uni now though because come A-level results there'll be so many more people fighting for the unis attention that you will receive more attention now.

ReputationRep:
    I emailed to Undergraduate Administrator and she said she passed my message to Faculty Tutor and Admission Tutor and I'll be heard soon via UCAS...I expressed how I wanna get in the uni, but not so garrulously

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it is to do with the A levels. If you'd rather not wait, you can ask to be offered a different course, or you can have something remarked and hope for the best! Otherwise you will have to wait for it and see. Good luck!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.