Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    (Original post by orangeboy)
    It's the summer holidays, third year starts at the end of September, I have nothing to do in England (although I could do dissertation stuff), I can't get a job because no one ever gets back in touch with me and going to Spain will look grand on my c.v.
    Basically, I applied for a course in Spain for three months during the summer where I learn Spanish as I work in a hotel. I decided to drop out just a few days into it because I suffer from depression and it got the best of me. I become very anxious and just really down and unmotivated. I had to get out quickly. I applied for a refund (since I had to pay for the course, you get a monthly wage though for working) but the company said they don't give out refunds but will hold onto my place for 12 months. Fair enough - I want to go back now or later because it's my dream to be able to converse in another language and it'll look great on my c.v.
    I can't see myself having any other free time from now the end of September until July (then my 12 months has expired, plus I might have a graduate job by then). So I need to decide whether to go back this summer. I need to decide soon so the company can find me another placement.

    Thing is, I'm depressed and scared this may hinder my performance. However, I'm equally fed up being at home. I'm in limbo really.
    I don't know what to do for the best. Should I contact the company and ask for another placement? I can't make my mind up.
    If you're doing it just because it'll look good on your cv, then you're doing it for the wrong reason.

    If you really want to do it, apart from this "looking great on my cv thing", then go ahead and do it!

    Well the problem is obviously how do you combat your depression.

    Because if you go out there the same thing will likely happen.

    I can't really give advice because I don't know what the cause of it is.
The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.