Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does it actually work?
    I was thinking of buying some, to use on the tops of my legs, because the hair is too fine to shave, but its still there.
    Does anyone know which cream is best?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I don't use anything else. The only problem is the price, but there's a reason it's more expensive than the others.

I use Veet, but Nair is good too. I've heard Superdrug's own brand is decent too, and probably a lot cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    Does it work on ass hair too? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah its good. I use Veet - the sensitive one.

I think price isnt to bad tbh only problme is the smell! It's bloody horrible but hey it works so cant really complain.

Would really recommend it.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it does work, I used to use Veet. Though I havent' used that method for ages because waxing lasts longer for me. Additionally, I found that there would sometimes be patches of hair that didn't go when using hair removal cream - so I'd have to shave those bits away.

But you say your hair is fine so you shouldn't have that problem. =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nizzay!)
    Does it work on ass hair too? :ninja:
    Or face hair, no shaving please!

ReputationRep:
    Yes it does work and it's good stuff but I must warn you it STINKS. I use the raspberry scented Nair one so it doesn't smell as bad.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Why do you need to get rid of it if it is so fine?

ReputationRep:
    Why even bother if the hair is fine? I only shave up to my knees cause the hair on my thighs is so fine it's pretty much invisible! xx
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Veet in-shower cream is good, then you don't have to sit around with the cream on, you just stick it on when you get in the shower and wash it off at the end.
    The new spray-on one looks good as well.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it works but doesn't last very long - the hair grows back stubly pretty quick.

ReputationRep:
    If you have even slightly sensitive skin i wouldn't recommend it. I've tried the regular creams and the ones for sensitive skin, and each time i end up with a horrible rash and it really hurts.
    My mum uses it sometimes though and it works great on her, so it just depends on the person.

I'd buy some and try it out on a patch to make sure your skin likes it.

ReputationRep:
    I have sensitive skin and I've never had problems with Veet - just do a small patch test before you slather your whole body in the stuff.

The main downside is that it absolutely reeks, and it lasts about the same length of time that shaving would (both methods basically involve cutting the hair off, just by different means).

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.