Turn on thread page Beta

I absolutely hate football so much and it's runing my life watch

Once upon a time in my misguided wasted youth I used to do nothing but follow football and for a while it was fun but then I went off it. That made me unpopular among my peers and then I got back into it but I have had enough now.
    It was all I could ever talk about and while I was able to talk to some people it alienated others especially girls and then some time about 5 years ago when it was the Euros and I left school I had enough. I went off it after the previous world cup (the one in Korea/Japan) got fed up with the childish behaviour it brings out in people and also started to realise how much of a **** I acted when my favourite teams did not win or get what I wished.
    For a while after moving off it I felt OK but with a World Cup looming next year all sorts of negative emotions (hate, anger, bitterness, jealousy) are returning and it is starting to make me want to go on a mad spree. I absolutely hate seeing people talk about it and enjoy it because I can never relate to it. I had no other interests and after getting rid of that stupid little game I have none. I also hate rugby as well for all the machismo it breeds and think all people who play it are ***** but I don't find myself hating it so much because it never played a big part in my life. Unlike bloody sodding football. I absolutely HATE the double standards it breeds, how it is acceptable to go mad for your team but not anything else and it's getting to the point where I really want to go in a stadium and start massacring all those idiots who enjoy it.
    I just cannot handle it any more and think I am going to lose it and feel completely lost in the world. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut: Please don't kill me!

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:

Have you tried netball?

ReputationRep:
    Dude...you need help.

ReputationRep:
    Take up other sports like tennis, golf, rock climbing, snowboarding etc.

ReputationRep:
    :erm:

ReputationRep:
    I hate football too (well it's not bad). I'm more into cricket, tennis and athletics as sports

ReputationRep:
    You probably just couldnt handle losing. Who did you support?
    'm guessing one was probably man u or arsenal, possibly liverpool

ReputationRep:
    Football plays a massive part in my life and the moments it gives you at times, stay with you for the rest of your life. I have been following my team (Everton) for years and i love the moments when you go insane when you have scored in the last minute, the cold winters night games, the songs against the opposition etc. all of these moments are massive to me and i love football. The adrenaline rush you get when you score in the last minute is immense andi can't believe your so childish to say that it is ruining your life, and you haven't got the balls to post it as your actual name, you posted it anomonously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I really want to go in a stadium and start massacring all those idiots who enjoy it.
    Your post has been reported to Homeland Security.:mad:

ReputationRep:
    You've concentrated too much on things negatively related to football. Why can't you just enjoy the game itself? I hate the double standards, the over-paying, the diving, and the OTT aggression in some fans, but I still love the sport and support my team passionately. Nothing wrong with that.

ReputationRep:
    A Leeds fan I presume? :p: But in all seriousness. Double standards? Loving and then hating football cries of double standards mate

ReputationRep:
    i can understand disliking a sport therefore not doing it - but actually "hating" a sport - thats just........... well you know

Did your father not play football with you as a child?

ReputationRep:
    You love the game really so just love it, besides the world cup in 2002 was brilliant, so unpredictable.

ReputationRep:
    "I'm sorry for the delay sir, here is the vagina you ordered - though it appears to have sand in it."

ReputationRep:

he's gonna go chris brown on our asses.

ReputationRep:
    You know what, I can't stand football either with all the pettyness and bickering within the game, but it doesn't make me want to go on a killing spree. Just don't watch it. Being a bloke, I will get people occasionally ask me which team I support, or did I see the game last night, to which I just reply, sorry, not into football. No skin off my nose, chill out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick_000)

Have you tried netball?
    Netball is a very peaceful game, no contact etc. You should try it.

ReputationRep:
    I really think I should be able to reply to this considering the hatred, bitterness etc is all something I've experienced at games, but I can't, sorry. It's not something I've ever seen as a problem as long as you can control the emotions and, after all, there is much more to football than hating other teams...

ReputationRep:
    Football is the shizzz

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.