Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I absolutely hate football so much and it's runing my life Watch

ReputationRep:
    If you don't like it, don't watch it. There's no need to get so angry about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robocop1andahalf)
    Take up other sports like tennis
    For God's sake mate! then the OP will kill me with the tennis racket :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    um oh dear...

watch it if you want to, don't watch it if you don't...

ReputationRep:
    hi2u crazyman

ReputationRep:
    I hate football.
    A lot of people like it.
    I live with it.
    You can too.

ReputationRep:
    I can't stand football either , since I was a kid I've found it to be the most dullest thing imaginable to man , although that's because I'm a big tennis fan and that has always been my number one sport.

But it's safe to say I've never felt/reacted the way you have :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    You do realise it's a game right?

I dislike darts. I find it slow-paced, dull and unimaginitive. I think I'll go and massacre all those sitting watching it.

Get over yourself and go find something worthwhile to 'hate'.

ReputationRep:
    dude... have you watched golf? That's relaxing... in fact... it's very calming. Dull... but calming.

Don't kill people... that's just bad.

ReputationRep:
    I know people that hate football with a passion like you OP. Bar the occasional rant, they get by. Just chill man. And find a new hobby - there are a fair few sports/non-sporting activities out there :rolleyes:

Worst problem ever.

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:

I love football and don't alienate girls. :hubba:

Also I talk about many things football is not the be all and end all of conversations. I remember I talked to one of my mates about cheese once. :hmmmm:

ReputationRep:
    Come On The Arsenal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Once upon a time in my misguided wasted youth I used to do nothing but follow football and for a while it was fun but then I went off it. That made me unpopular among my peers and then I got back into it but I have had enough now.
    It was all I could ever talk about and while I was able to talk to some people it alienated others especially girls and then some time about 5 years ago when it was the Euros and I left school I had enough. I went off it after the previous world cup (the one in Korea/Japan) got fed up with the childish behaviour it brings out in people and also started to realise how much of a **** I acted when my favourite teams did not win or get what I wished.
    For a while after moving off it I felt OK but with a World Cup looming next year all sorts of negative emotions (hate, anger, bitterness, jealousy) are returning and it is starting to make me want to go on a mad spree. I absolutely hate seeing people talk about it and enjoy it because I can never relate to it. I had no other interests and after getting rid of that stupid little game I have none. I also hate rugby as well for all the machismo it breeds and think all people who play it are ***** but I don't find myself hating it so much because it never played a big part in my life. Unlike bloody sodding football. I absolutely HATE the double standards it breeds, how it is acceptable to go mad for your team but not anything else and it's getting to the point where I really want to go in a stadium and start massacring all those idiots who enjoy it.
    I just cannot handle it any more and think I am going to lose it and feel completely lost in the world. :confused:
    I must say, this is the weirdest rant, I've ever read on here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robocop1andahalf)
    Take up other sports like tennis, golf, rock climbing, snowboarding etc.
    i tried rockclimbing look at me now...

ReputationRep:
    Mate, you need help. As an outside supporter, you definitely should not be feeling so attached to a sport - love or hate. I love football, but I certainly am not as deranged as you.

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha, funniest thread I've seen in ages! Mate, get over it.

ReputationRep:
    There are moments when football is better than an orgasm...Barcelona 1999, Moscow 2008.

Good times.

ReputationRep:
    go for cricket

ReputationRep:
    OP is a newcastle fan who cant handle real football in the chamionship

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I have always hated rugby and football, nothing to rage out about you freak :tongue:. Honestly chill out get a hobby find something else you enjoy, jesus football is not the end of the world.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.