Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i have a ps3 and well i really like it but all my friends bar one have an xbox, does anyone know how much you get for an 80gb ps3 in game or gamestation??

or if any1 has the same problem im up for trading gamertag.

thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    sell it on gumtree or ebay...you'll get a getter price.

ReputationRep:
    Don't trade it in to a shop like gamestation or game, they'll rip you off. You're better off selling it on a site like Amazon or Ebay and then i'm sure you would have more than enough to buy an Xbox 360.

ReputationRep:
    Ebay it.

I prefer PS3 to Xbox though.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Nick_000)
    Ebay it.

when all your friends are on one console your missing out on so much fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick_000)
    Ebay it.

Same, luckily mostly everyone is using ps3 out of my friends (college and outside college).

I feel to buy a wii this summer though now that i know how to mod it so i would never need to buy games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    when all your friends are on one console your missing out on so much fun.
    That's true but still not really a reason to get rid of the better of the 2 consoles. You can still visit your friends and play on their console in multiplayer games so I don't see how you miss out on much...it's not like just because you don't have the same console as others that you miss out on banter, PS3 online is there for banter.

You shouldn't get rid of the BETTER console just to be a sheep and follow your friends.

ReputationRep:
    Its weird how groups of friends all seem to have one console. All my housemates were PS3 fanatics yet all my uni mates loved the Xbox. I don't think I've come across a mixed console set of friends lol.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by lufc89)
    That's true but still not really a reason to get rid of the better of the 2 consoles. You can still visit your friends and play on their console in multiplayer games so I don't see how you miss out on much...it's not like just because you don't have the same console as others that you miss out on banter, PS3 online is there for banter.

You shouldn't get rid of the BETTER console just to be a sheep and follow your friends.
    Actually yes it is a viable reason to get another console, Especially for xbox live which creates a far better online experience than PSN. Online with friends >>>> online with random people. The ps3 doesnt offer anything more gamewise than xbox at all, your 'better' is all bias opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, let's not have this turn into yet another PS3 vs 360 debate thread. The OP wants to sell their PS3 so stick to the topic rather than *****ing about which is 'better' - it's personal ****ing opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    Actually yes it is a viable reason to get another console, Especially for xbox live which creates a far better online experience than PSN. Online with friends >>>> online with random people. The ps3 doesnt offer anything more gamewise than xbox at all, your 'better' is all bias opinion.
    The xbox live experience is better than PSN agreed but the xbox doesn't have the browsing internet feature (or not that I'm aware of). The PS3 is better for storage as well because they come with more memory storage than the X360. This is just my own opinion and I do not believe I am being biased towards the PS3 because I don't own either console and have played both and after these experiences I came to the conclusion that I liked the PS3 more.

ReputationRep:
    im thinking of swapping my xbox elite for a ps3
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by lufc89)
    The xbox live experience is better than PSN agreed but the xbox doesn't have the browsing internet feature (or not that I'm aware of). The PS3 is better for storage as well because they come with more memory storage than the X360. This is just my own opinion and I do not believe I am being biased towards the PS3 because I don't own either console and have played both and after these experiences I came to the conclusion that I liked the PS3 more.
    Fair enough, what i generally say is if you have friends and want a multiplayer experience Xbox is better if you prefer single player games Ps3 is better.

ReputationRep:
    ok thats good i aint gettin rid of my ps3!! seasons_wither if any1 up for some cod4 xD or fifa

ReputationRep:
    If its an 80 GB PStriple, you will get around 130 quid (store credit) at GAME.

60GBs are the most valuable though.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 10, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.