Turn on thread page Beta

Concerned about IBO not sending results to unis. watch

ReputationRep:
    Usually after exam results are released IBO will send results to (for UK) our firm and insurance choice. However I have received an email by the admissions officer saying that they haven't received the results from IBO!

Has anybody else face this situation, or not confirmed the place yet (ie. UCAS track not updated)? Well I am not finding a solution to this problem but to discuss the root of the problem!

ReputationRep:
    My UCAS hasn't updated yet, so I called my firm choice today (whose offer I met). They said that they had gotten my results, and that they were going through and updating UCAS, or something like that? I couldn't really understood everything the guy had said, because he spoke too fast, but he did confirm that he had my results!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Did you ask the IBO to send them to your unis? You have to do that.

If not, just print off from the website, get it stamped or signed by your school, and fax/email them yourself.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in vaguely similar situation, even though I asked for my results to be sent to ucas (our school is international so theres a lot of offers going to germany, hong kong etc), I recieved a letter from ucas saying that they haven't gotten my results yet. Its not too bad because the place was unconditional anyway, but its just rather annoying that its not worked despite all the masses of paperwork.

ReputationRep:
    So do you get a notification if they haven't received your results? I'm slightly worried because i met my offer last monday on results day and track still hasn't updated.. I did sign up for results service but perhaps my ib coordinator forgot to add my info? Do you think i should mail my uni?

ReputationRep:
    My UCAS updated which confused me because my IBC told us that they wouldn't get told until August... it's all very weird.

Although, we didn't do anything to tell them to be sent off, either...

Maybe you should call UCAS or talk to your IBC?

ReputationRep:
    IBO sent them to UCAS the day it was released.
    UCAS takes almost a week to send it to the universities.

Universities then take a day or two, to confirm the offers.

This is how I think it works, cause when i called my firm, they said it ll take a week for them to get it. So i sent them an email with the results screenshot, and got it unconditional.

ReputationRep:
    Same situation here,my ucas track status isn't updated either. I'm kinda worry now cuz one of my friend who's going to Auckland University said that the IBC didn't send his result to the the university and the problem is his university will be opening in 2 days.. I think I'm gonna have to contact my IBC and ask

ReputationRep:
    The best thing would be to call the admission office and ask whether they have received your results. They'll then let you know when UCAS will be updated or if you need to send them a copy of the results yourself.

ReputationRep:
    I was told the IBO messed up and didn't send out our results to the unis until Thursday or Friday which is why UCAS hasn't been updated yet...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LottanPottan)
    I was told the IBO messed up and didn't send out our results to the unis until Thursday or Friday which is why UCAS hasn't been updated yet...
    I think that's unlikely to occur...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student#1)
    I think that's unlikely to occur...
    Lol ok if you think so. Just informing what I was told.... my friend went to Edinburgh on Wednesday to talk to them and they hadn't received his results at that point... and thats what the IBC told him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LottanPottan)
    Okay, hopefully that's what it's about I'll send an email to UCAS and ask about it though..

ReputationRep:
    I got my acceptance from UCAS to get to go glasgow yesterday.

WOOP.

ReputationRep:
    yeah my track updated yesterday too, confirmed place.

ReputationRep:
    The IBO do not get into gear very quickly IME (my IBC says it is them not UCAS or unis). I had a little chuckle at the threads which indicated UCAS track might update by results day like it does with A levels. I hoped I was wrong for this year's intake but given past experience a week for track update is a good result. Well done for those of you who have now completed the entire application process. Enjoy Uni.

ReputationRep:
    Mine still hasn't updated- should I be worried?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by another ib-er)
    don't worry, mine hasn't either. well done on the 44 points!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by another ib-er)
    I'd certainly not worry. As you've met your offer the place is yours. If the admin doesn't catch up I'd give it a nudge well before A level results though. I am assuming all was in place at your school to authorise the IBO to send your results on. Even if it wasn't I wouldn't worry but I would send them to the uni (screenshot of results page should do).

ReputationRep:
    Ok, does anyone know who i should contact about this? UCAS or the university's admissions office? :confused:
    It's been ten days now and i really need to get things rolling i.e. buy flight tickets and sort out financial stuff with the local authorities as its only two months till i leave.. And I can only sort out the financial stuff when i've received an offer for accommodation which i won't get until they've confirmed my offer. Any advice?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.