taught of that and it probably is a factor, but unfortunatly it dosent really help me as some of my classmates got confirmation already, (almost same situation as me), and if i get rejected than i need to look for alternatives in other coutries even and to wait till 20 august to aply is kida late. very late.(Original post by another ib-er)
they might be waiting for a level results to come out to make a decision. have you tried contacting them? good luck.
Concerned about IBO not sending results to unis. Watch
- 24-07-2009 10:49
- 25-07-2009 00:40
don't wait till august 20th- contact them now and ask them if they are waiting for the a level results or if they've already made a decision. though of course, you can think about other countries now if they do tell you to wait.
- 05-08-2009 22:04
I was in exactly the same situation! I read on the university's homepage that you can e-mail your exam results to the admissions office just in case, so that's what I did. And after that I waited and waited and waited for my place to be confirmed as I knew that I had met and exceeded the conditions, but still - no confirmation.
On July 27 I decided to call the university admissions office and ask them when they would confirm my place (I need the AS12 letter to apply for a student loan). The man I spoke to told me specifically whom to contact, and two days later I was informed that my exam results had not reached them. Very strange indeed, considering that I had already mailed them to the uni. So, I sent them to her personally by pdf, and she assured me that they would make the decision asap.
Today, ucas track finally(!) updated, and changed my conditional offer into an unconditional one.
I must say I am very disappointed with the way the IBO - obviously - handles the exam results process. I have several friends as well who have experienced the same type of problem.