Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Who's off to which Uni and When, I'm starting this sept in Leeds, cant wait!!!

I'm guessing most peeps here are already at uni tbh ah well!

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking forward to it, but a little nervous.

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying not to think about it too much/get too excited until results day when I'll know exactly where I am going. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    off to roehampton and it starts in september the something :p:

exicted but nervous,because i am quite shy at first but i do get louder when i become closer to people

ReputationRep:
    I'm at uni but i'm looking forward to being back at uni!!

ReputationRep:
    Im excited .. I was adding people from huddersfield uni to look at their photos of their time there and it made me more excited than ever haha!
    But i dont have my results yet soo i'm nervous aswel !! :\

ReputationRep:
    Im going in september hopefully.. but i dont wanna jinx anything by getting all excited, having all these hopes and dreams and then getting totally dissapointed.

Its happened to me once before.

My mum keeps asking me 'ooo are u excited??'
    i just tell her im not thinking about it.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    to be honest not really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrGumby)
    I'm trying not to think about it too much/get too excited until results day when I'll know exactly where I am going. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much. :yy:
    same here!
    I don't want to set my heart on thinking i'm going to liverpool
    then realise i didn't get the grades.
    I'm just hoping i'll get in somewhere

ReputationRep:
    i should be nervous like everyone else, this is worrying!

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking forward to it but like others have said I'm not trying to get my hopes up until I have a guaranteed place somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    Please see my signature..

Yes, I'm super excited! I too avoided thinking about it until results day, which was probably the longest day of my life as I had to wait til 5pm to pick up my results. But now I'm excited to start buying things in preparation...like a wok...

ReputationRep:
    what are your plans for results day? I don't know whether to check track first or whether this is a really bad idea... what do you lot think?? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by writergirl)
    same here!
    I don't want to set my heart on thinking i'm going to liverpool
    then realise i didn't get the grades.
    I'm just hoping i'll get in somewhere
    Yeh. I'm not very optimistic about getting into my firm, so I'm not going to build my hopes up only to have them knocked down again.

(Original post by Kipperoo)
    what are your plans for results day? I don't know whether to check track first or whether this is a really bad idea... what do you lot think?? x
    If I remember too, I'm going to check track before I go to school as I don't care what grades I get, just whether I get into uni or not, and knowing if I'm in or not will make it better when having to face everybody in school.

ReputationRep:
    I'm super excited, and am hopefully going to QMU in Edinburgh I loveee Edinburgh.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not putting my hopes up, still a huge hurdle to overcome on the 20th lol. Well technically we overcame that hurdle (or didn't) a month or so ago but you know :p:

ReputationRep:
    I don't really care. Maybe that's bad, but I just see it as the next step in education for me. I have friends here at home and have a lot of independence, so there's not really anything I want out of university apart from my degree.

I'm a barrel of laughs, aren't I? :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    I'm off to Leicester in September .

I got my place last year. I'm excited and a bit nervous, i'm glad i don't have to wait for results and be all stressed out though.

ReputationRep:
    Starting in September. Excited yet nervous at the commencement of a new chapter in my life. T'is going to be fun :grin:

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying not to get my hopes up at the moment, refuse to buy anything for uni until results day. My firm is York, English Lit, would be amazing if I got there! x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.