Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone Looking Forward To Uni?! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahhi)
    I'm super excited, and am hopefully going to QMU in Edinburgh I loveee Edinburgh.
    Edinburgh is such a beautiful city. I hope you have a great time

ReputationRep:
    i cant wait to go to uni! if i could leave tommorrow i would

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tzar_Chasm)
    Edinburgh is such a beautiful city. I hope you have a great time
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    As others have said, not getting my hopes up until results day :P

ReputationRep:
    I'm absolutely buzzing - it's definitely a Marmite thing, but I've got a lot of love for London. Ditto about trying not think about it till results day though

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the grades, if I get into UEA then YEAH!!!
    But my insurance would be horrible, because I hate the location and the weather and the town... yeah I would hate it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I was. Very much so. Now just a bit bored waiting for it to happen. Once I'm actually there though it'll definitely be amazing.

ReputationRep:
    I am extremely excited.

Off to Edinburgh this fall!

ReputationRep:
    Kind of excited - concerned for my grades though, I think i'll get them. But my firm and conditional ask for the exact same grades, and there's only about 20 points between them.. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrGumby)
    I'm trying not to think about it too much/get too excited until results day when I'll know exactly where I am going. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much. :yy:
    This

Absolutely! I still have a year to go but i'll finally be away from my parents and be able to do what i want for once :awesome:

And i'll have a bottle of JD in my room all the time :coma: JD :love:

ReputationRep:
    I'm so excited. I'm going to art school.

ReputationRep:
    I'm hopefully going to Cardiff to do English Lit.
    I'm looking forward to it (if I get in that is...) but I'm also terrified!

ReputationRep:
    I passed the first year of Uni, so I'm actually dying to go back there and get back to my languages. As much as I'm constantly muttering to myself in Italiano lately, and listening to a fair bit of Spanish pop-rock, it's no substitute for sitting around a table being told how to conjugate verbs into the imperfect subjunctive or the further past; or translating Cuban literature from their idiom to ours.

Summertime just sucks. There are so few Spanish and Italian speakers near me. I need my daily dose of hablando español and parlando italiano.

[And to all prospective freshers: you're going to love your first year, if you get off on the right foot. All you need is a bit of confidence around new people, a passion for your subject, and a sturdy liver. Or at least one of the above ;D]

ReputationRep:
    Barts and the London in September.. It's going to be awesome and I can't wait

I'm looking forward to going back to start second year in September - this holidays seem to be going on forever!

ReputationRep:
    Going into second year.

Good luck to everyone waiting on results though.

ReputationRep:
    yeah really looking forward to it need one more grade to get in so little nervous bout that,

and defo won't be checking track before picking up my results cos if they lose your results or there is some confusion about them then they jus don't put anythin on and that would jus scare the **** out a me

ReputationRep:
    It's going to rock.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    Another one?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.