Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm so excited and I haven't applied yet! I wish I was going this Sept, but got another year yet New people. Independance. Partying <3

I can't wait to go back. I'm sick of this boring old town. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I feel fairly confident about getting in, but strangely if i didnt get the grades i'd feel okay about it.
    Mainly because the moneys stressing me out. My maintenance grant is £500 of uni accommodation for the year, so i need a job as soon as i get there otherwise i wont have any money unless i pay it off in 3 installments. I need a job this summer to raise money so i wont be short when i get there, but i'll be damned lucky if i find anything. Employers tend to avoid people that only want to work for 2 months.
    Its all, argh.

So if i dont get in, well then it wasnt meant to be.

Saying this, if i do get in then i am going for it. If it all falls in, at least i'll have given it a shot.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be frikkkin excited after results day..till then i'm not thinking about it.

ReputationRep:
    I am but alas, I'm still a year off.

ReputationRep:
    I am very excited! I can't wait to get out there in the big world wide and make a start on all the dreams and plans I have had for so long. It'll be a fresh start.

But, I am also really worried because my sister went to University four years ago and ended up coming home after her first term - it just wasn't for her. And I'm scared about what will happen if I don't like it.

ReputationRep:
    Not really, I've pretty much convinced myself that I'm going to miss my offer by a mile, so I'm feeling pretty ****** about it all. I should probably start thinking about what the hell I'm going to do when this does happen, given that I really don't want to go to my insurance now, but I seem to be putting it all off for the time being. God damn, I am going to be so unprepared.

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking forward to it, but trying not to get my hopes up too much. I'm more excited, and nervous, about living on my own, in a new city

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite excited but quite nervous aswell. I just hope my anxiety doesn't flare up when I'm away from home

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sk88)
    I'll be frikkkin excited after results day..till then i'm not thinking about it.
    Saaaaaame.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not scared of the course but of the accomodation i'm gonna be in, i'm rubbish with new people, i'll just clam up and be lonely foreverrrrrr unless i can get more confident in just under 2 months

ReputationRep:
    get to study something interesting and challenging. so yes

ReputationRep:
    No, I couldn't care less about university. Mainly cos I was rejected by Cambridge. Going to Warwick instead. Still couldn't give a **** about university. I don't want to go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fixesin)
    Saaaaaame.
    Hi 5!!!:woo:

ReputationRep:
    Very excited about it. I didn't really enjoy my first degree so really looking forward to getting the chance to throw myself into a subject that I find much more interesting. I won't be moving into halls but hopefully I'll make lots of new friends on my course.

ReputationRep:
    I'm very excited but a little nervous being a mature student and not living in halls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thejuh)
    Who's off to which Uni and When, I'm starting this sept in Leeds, cant wait!!!

I'm guessing most peeps here are already at uni tbh ah well!
    Im starting uni in September and absolutely cant wait. I'm going to Northumbria to do a Biology degree.

I'm really, really looking forward to going and studying a course i love, meeting new people and having new experiences.

ReputationRep:
    I'll hopefully be studying economics at LSE... If I get my grades I'll be ridiculously excited, if not I'll be ridiculously depressed =]

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying not to think about it :ninja: My parents are constantly being like "When you're in Sheffield..." and I'm like, "If, mum, if!"

ReputationRep:
    Im going to trinity college of music, and can't wait . Different from your normal uni course in that its 9-5 teaching days.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.