Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    I have no idea. They just said to me they didn't take it into account. It seems pretty stupid because it's only 0.2%, and I can guarantee now that i'm in remission that I could have scored at least an extra 10% of what I got.
    As rubbish as it sounds, you've applied for extenuating circumstances for your CD, but it wasn't accepted.

I'm not sure what else you can do, but you should definitely speak to your personal tutor about it.

ReputationRep:
    Is this result for your final year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trixx)
    Is this result for your final year?
    For the entire degree. The grade boundary at Leeds for a 2i is 58.5%, and I got 58.33% overall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    As rubbish as it sounds, you've applied for extenuating circumstances for your CD, but it wasn't accepted.

I'm not sure what else you can do, but you should definitely speak to your personal tutor about it.
    My personal tutor retired this year lol.

ReputationRep:
    For the entire degree. The grade boundary at Leeds for a 2i is 58.5%, and I got 58.33% overall.
    I'm sorry to hear this. I think you should definitely try to appeal or contact the appropriate person within your union. Hope it all works out for you.

ReputationRep:
    sounds like they have already lowered the 2.i bar from the usual 60 marks.it happens.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure the grade boundary is 59, and not 58.5? (http://www.leeds.ac.uk/aqst/document...classleeds.pdf). There is a discretionary area of 0.5 below 59 (58.5-58.9), but that would only give you a chance at a 2.1. It wouldn't be automatic. So you're actually only 0.2 off the discretionary area. When you were told that your personal issues were not taken into consideration did you not ask why not? It seems very unfair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicholas Urfe)
    I'm sure the grade boundary is 59, and not 58.5? (http://www.leeds.ac.uk/aqst/document...classleeds.pdf). There is a discretionary area of 0.5 below 59 (58.5-58.9), but that would only give you a chance at a 2.1. It wouldn't be automatic. So you're actually only 0.2 off the discretionary area. When you were told that your personal issues were not taken into consideration did you not ask why not? It seems very unfair.
    The school of history secretary is a real *****, you really wouldn't wanna cross her. I'll keep ringing on monday until I get the nice one though. Hopefully it will get upgraded, but who knows.

ReputationRep:
    The school of history secretary is a real *****, you really wouldn't wanna cross her. I'll keep ringing on monday until I get the nice one though. Hopefully it will get upgraded, but who knows.
    Are you in Leeds at the moment? I find that going in in person normally cuts some ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicholas Urfe)
    Are you in Leeds at the moment? I find that going in in person normally cuts some ****.
    I think going in would make it worse. The secretary has a real attitude problem and she does anything she can to be unhelpful. She some how managed to cut her working day down to 5 hours instead of 8, so the office is barely ever open.

ReputationRep:
    I think going in would make it worse. The secretary has a real attitude problem and she does anything she can to be unhelpful. She some how managed to cut her working day down to 5 hours instead of 8, so the office is barely ever open.
    I know what you mean. English was the same! Isn't there a seminar tutor you could email for help?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.