Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Right, I'm looking to hire a car for a day or 2. I'm going somewhere and I don't really want to mess about with the trains for this journey.
    What are peoples experiences with hiring a car in the UK, and in London.
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Quite easy, lots of rental companies might be about £20-30 a day. I wouldn't hire to drive in London itself though and are you over 21?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rian1988)
    Quite easy, lots of rental companies might be about £20-30 a day. I wouldn't hire to drive in London itself though and are you over 21?
    It's not for driving in London, well not for the whole day, just to the M25.
    I'm 21 at the moment, but at the time, I will be 22.
    It sounds like you're speaking from experience, who did you use?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ocelotrevs)
    It's not for driving in London, well not for the whole day, just to the M25.
    I'm 21 at the moment, but at the time, I will be 22.
    It sounds like you're speaking from experience, who did you use?
    No, I haven't hired a car as I'm not old enough. The best thing to do is check the car rental websites and see who offers the best price and the place where you can collect the car.

ReputationRep:
    handy site http://compare.carrentals.co.uk/search.php

if you want something like a punto, you can get away with very cheap rates..

ReputationRep:
    Alright, thanks for the responses.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.