Turn on thread page Beta

Good looking girls watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maximum Velocity)
    You sound so genuine and realistic , it's great . This actually should help me a bit , but I guess it's personal preferance as to what a girl wants in a boy. For me I have trouble with :

- Being funny.
    - Getting out of awkward silences/preventing them.

I'm funny when I'm in a group of people , but when it's one on one with the girl I just totally lock up like frozen ice and just end up saying completely stupid things , or not even speaking at all ?. Help please ?
    No problem. Well if you don't actually have any social anxieties since you're clearly fine with your friend and people you don't get nervous around then you're basically sorted - just turn off the 'girl filter' or whatever it is that makes you think twice before you say anything in front of a girl. Just speak to her like you would to a mate of yours, and she'll appreciate it. Nothing is more frustrating then guys who decide you as a girl are incapable of understanding normal conversation, or fear they'll be friend-zoned if they dare to act friendly. A bit of flirting won't hurt now and then, but generally just ask lots of questions (not too personal and nothing about politics, unless she brings it up) and look like you're listening. Girls LOVE guys that want to get to know them rather than tell them everything about themselves. Once you get the conversation going it should be easy - just keep bouncing off the last thing she said and if she's being quiet it means she's bored of hearing you talk about things she doesn't really care about.

If you're a funny guy, it will shine through anyway as long as you're comfortable. Get her laughing and things will be great =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by forsaken_earth)
    No problem. Well if you don't actually have any social anxieties since you're clearly fine with your friend and people you don't get nervous around then you're basically sorted - just turn off the 'girl filter' or whatever it is that makes you think twice before you say anything in front of a girl. Just speak to her like you would to a mate of yours, and she'll appreciate it. Nothing is more frustrating then guys who decide you as a girl are incapable of understanding normal conversation, or fear they'll be friend-zoned if they dare to act friendly. A bit of flirting won't hurt now and then, but generally just ask lots of questions (not too personal and nothing about politics, unless she brings it up) and look like you're listening. Girls LOVE guys that want to get to know them rather than tell them everything about themselves. Once you get the conversation going it should be easy - just keep bouncing off the last thing she said and if she's being quiet it means she's bored of hearing you talk about things she doesn't really care about.

If you're a funny guy, it will shine through anyway as long as you're comfortable. Get her laughing and things will be great =)
    Thanks this means a lot to me , thank you very much =)

ReputationRep:
    people say personality but truth says looks

ReputationRep:
    I agree with most people here, I think looks can initially attract you to someone, but it's personality that makes you fall in love. Also, remember, different people have different opinions on what they find attractive or good-looking. I think my ex-boyfriend is really handsome, but I've also heard some people say he's ugly. So, you know, you'll find the right person one day, don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    Ordinarily, people go out with partners who are roughly as attractive as them. When there is a noticeable difference, it is more common for the man to be the less attractive of the pair as women are typically more balanced in their choice of partner, allowing things like intelligence, confidence and sense of humour to count for more than men do.

Certainly from my experience, being confident and humourous, whilst avoiding being too much of a "nice guy" can go a long way to punching above your weight.

ReputationRep:
    actually, I will fall for anyone who is nice to me, somewhat intelligent, funny, kind,
    thats it

ReputationRep:
    Well put it this way:

Being hot with an average personality means you have more chance than being average with a decent personality.

If you're supposedly 'ugly' with a 'decent' personality like me, it's pretty much irrelevant anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon or delete please

I am 15 and some people call me ugly. I would like to ask, good looking girls, do they go out with good looking boys or is it the personality of the boy that makes the girl go out with him?

This can be made generally not just good looking girls & boys.
    You are 15!

Things change on a monthly basis.

Plus confidence is what matters

ReputationRep:
    I'm a typical guy and I go on looks, yet women seem to say otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JmsG)
    Pic or it didnt happen
    :rofl: I seriously lol in RL when someone says this...even I say it now!

cos it's just a normal question made by someone and immediately someone wants pics or they don't help lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maximum Velocity)
    It depends. Girls tend to look for a balance of the both , but I'd say you'd have to have a nice personality in order to be successful in the women sector.

Girls like you to be :

-Happy
    -Friendly
    -Funny
    -Caring
    -Kind
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Girls want rudeboy twits who treat them like ****.

ReputationRep:
    My 2 cents:

For me obviously I want someone who is attractive (face/body). After that personality is important but 2 traits I really like is someone who is ambitious/hard-working and open-minded. I can get on with pretty much anyone personality wise but I cant see anything long term unless my potential partner wants to get somewhere in life.

ReputationRep:
    I was reading this with interest, i would like to say my girlfriend she is stunning and a model, but she isnt like a typical model she is really shy but the most caring girl ever and i love her for that, but i wouldnt say im attractive at all, i guess girls just go for kind caring guys who make them laugh, and thats what i try to do, i guess its a sterotype good looking girls fall into, that they only go with good looking lads, but i guess they dont!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BurntDesire™)
    :lolwut:
    No one wants to be treated like rubbish but guys that are too nice are just annoying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BurntDesire™)

Yup pretty much. Badboy's have all of what girls want. The whole confidence factor. They can look too comfortable for their own skin, girls find them funny. And they aren't boring and predictable like nice guys. Bad boy's are attractive, even if the girls don't like them. :yep: Plus girls love to think they can tame them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by co_co_vogue)
    :lolwut:
    No one wants to be treated like rubbish but guys that are too nice are just annoying.
    Yes but girls are still initially attracted to the bad rebellion guy.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 10, 2009
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.