Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I just don't want to wake up in the morning anymore.
    Life seems pointless and no one cares about me anymore.
    Anyone else feel this way?

ReputationRep:
    yeah but you have to deal with it unfortunately.

if you feel really bad go see a doctor.

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing anyone can say that'll make it better. You have to work on it yourself. I find that when I'm depressed, the best things to do is:

- To talk to someone close about it. Usually my mum or sisters. You don't have to even tell them why you feel sad, just that you are. Just making someone aware can make you feel less alone.

- Keep busy. Maybe do some volunteering, or take up a hobby, make plans with friends. This is easier said than done and involves motivation, but it'll keep your mind occupied and will give you a reason why you should get out of bed.

- Read good books, watch good films and listen to music. Just to left your mood.

Maybe you're just going through a phase, we all feel down time from time. I had it quite bad a couple of months ago. Sometimes its nice to wallow in self-pity, but you have to get back to the real world sometime.

ReputationRep:
    I care to post on this thread

How old are you? I'm sure you have plenty to live for, Stop feeling sorry for yourself, change won't just happen you have to change things yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I care.

ReputationRep:
    *hug*

Find a purpose and someone to care about you.

ReputationRep:
    I used to. But things got better. They got a lot worst first, but then better.

You don't need other people to care about you, as long as you care about you. Everyone else can go **** themselves.

Find something to work towards, exams/uni/job/something you've wanted to do and concentrate on that until you feel better or something happens in your life that makes you look at it differently.

ReputationRep:
    But find longterm goals as well , or after you finish your exams you could end up in a similar situation :/ might sound a bit "out-there" but i'd try meditation, really helps me when i'm feeling down and helps put everything in perspective

ReputationRep:
    You should be sad. You've already peaked. Its just a slow decline from now on

EDIT: also, hippie ^^

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.