Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i'm going to learn spanish in spain in a couple of weeks however i don't know whether to stay with a host family or student flat

which would you think will be better i will need to make a decision by today so i can book it.

considerations:
    student flat is cheaper and i don't have that much money
    I would like to meet alot of people
    student flat comes with no meals host family do
    i will get the best out of living with a host family culturally and with the language
    i'm worried about the rules they will have in the house because i would like to go out at nights etc etc

ReputationRep:
    anyone

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps you should do some research on both (Google it!), see what people have to say about their experiences with either - see if they met a lot of people, etc. Get a general feel for both. I, personally, prefer the thought of host families. Although being in a dorm sounds fun and like you meet a lot of nice people, it also sounds like they're not that clean - people not cleaning up after themselves in the kitchen!! Ahhhh, the thought pains me. Ha ha. Regarding a host family, you get to learn far more about culture and experience the language more (possibly), but you may not like your host family. These seem to be common thoughts, from what I've read (but I haven't read much and none of the places were located in Spain either, which may make a difference). Good luck, I hope you enjoy Spain! x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.