Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My boyfriend is making me not want to eat. watch

ReputationRep:
    You're a size 6, and he thinks you're fat?! Please get rid of him. You can find someone so much better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imhiya)
    hes weird for thinking skinny is sexier. i prefer something that won't break if i poke it.
    This, right here.

ReputationRep:
    Dump him, eat up and find a new BF.

You're welcome.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe you are still with him tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    **Anon please, Personal issues**

I am quite skinny at the moment (size 6, BMI 17.8) but I have always been really skinny, I have never looked unhealthy though, as I am really small and have a tiny frame.

I generally ate about 3 meals a day (cereal, salad/ jacket potato/ and then I have different things for dinner- normally something with fish or pasta as I dont like red meat) and then I just have fruit and smoothies)

I also do about 8 hours excercise a week, so I have always been in good shape.

Anyway, I have been with my boyfriend for about 2 months now, and I decided to have sex with him about 3 weeks ago, I wasnt a virgin, but my first experience was a bad one so I try to forget it.

Anyway so all was fine, but like whenever I am naked he makes me feel really bad, like he will pinch my bum and say something like "putting it on a bit arent we" and like I hardly ever eat chocolate but i was going to have one bar and he was all "are you sure you want that".

And when we go shopping, if I have to get a size 8, he always makes me try on the six to see if I can squeeze in to it.

I swim and dance, but he reckons I need to go to the gym with him for 6 hours a week as well to make sure I stay a small size.

So like in the last 2 weeks I have just been eating 2 meals (breakfast and lunch)

And doing my 8 hours dance + swimming + 5 hours in the gym, I dont want to, but I love him so much and I dont want to offend him with all my fat - although everyone apart from him always says I am too skinny, but he is the one I love, so I am trying to lose more weight.

All my family are really conserned about me, and want to send me to a psychiatrist, but there isnt anything wrong with me, I just want to make him happy.
    not that i care but eating 2 meals actually makes you gain weight as the metabolism slows down therefore I advice you not to skip meals and eat snacks in between. and ur bf is a jackass if he makes you feel bad.

ReputationRep:
    He is big, but muscular big.
    Then I really don't know why he wants you skinny.. like someone said wouldn't he feel like he's breaking you ?
    As everyone else says here you are better off without him because by the sounds of it you are no where near fat. Would you rather be single and happy (a few months after breaking up) or in a committed relationship and unhappy with yourself ? I guess it just up to you to decide what you think is right

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the replies guys.

I dunno why I am doing it, I really dont want to lose him, he makes me feel secure, but well then he brings my insecurities out.

I dont want to lose any more weight, or my mum will tell the doctor that I am anorexic, which I am not - well i dont think Im fat, but well he does.
    Tell him that you went for a check-up at the doctors and the doc was concerned about anorexia and after he took your measurements told you that your weight was unhealthy. He should listen to reason. If not then he isn't a very good boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    There's a problem when you care more about someone else's image of your body than you do about your own. Do you really want to be in a relationship with someone who makes you feel that way?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the replies guys.

I dunno why I am doing it, I really dont want to lose him, he makes me feel secure, but well then he brings my insecurities out.

I dont want to lose any more weight, or my mum will tell the doctor that I am anorexic, which I am not - well i dont think Im fat, but well he does.
    Yeah he makes you feel secure but any good boyfriend would - he's negating that by being horrible to you about something which is untrue. He doesn't think you're fat, he's just a ****.

ReputationRep:
    **Anon please, Personal issues**

I am quite skinny at the moment (size 6, BMI 17.8) but I have always been really skinny, I have never looked unhealthy though, as I am really small and have a tiny frame.

I generally ate about 3 meals a day (cereal, salad/ jacket potato/ and then I have different things for dinner- normally something with fish or pasta as I dont like red meat) and then I just have fruit and smoothies)

I also do about 8 hours excercise a week, so I have always been in good shape.

Anyway, I have been with my boyfriend for about 2 months now, and I decided to have sex with him about 3 weeks ago, I wasnt a virgin, but my first experience was a bad one so I try to forget it.

Anyway so all was fine, but like whenever I am naked he makes me feel really bad, like he will pinch my bum and say something like "putting it on a bit arent we" and like I hardly ever eat chocolate but i was going to have one bar and he was all "are you sure you want that".

And when we go shopping, if I have to get a size 8, he always makes me try on the six to see if I can squeeze in to it.

I swim and dance, but he reckons I need to go to the gym with him for 6 hours a week as well to make sure I stay a small size.

So like in the last 2 weeks I have just been eating 2 meals (breakfast and lunch)

And doing my 8 hours dance + swimming + 5 hours in the gym, I dont want to, but I love him so much and I dont want to offend him with all my fat - although everyone apart from him always says I am too skinny, but he is the one I love, so I am trying to lose more weight.

All my family are really conserned about me, and want to send me to a psychiatrist, but there isnt anything wrong with me, I just want to make him happy.
    To be honest honey he doesn't seem like a very nice guy to be with if he is putting you down like that...especially during sex can you think of anything else which would be more of a turn off!?
    If he loved you he would be happy with who you are, you shouldn't have to lose weight for him, you sound like you don't need to anyway! At the end of the day you need to be happy with you never mind what he says!!
    I know it is easier said than done but you need to get rid, he isn't doing anything for your confidence or self esteem & you deserve to be happy!!
    Hope everything works out & treat yourself to a kfc !!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I think that he's got some sort of insecurity himself and is putting it onto you to make you feel worse, perhaps he is scared of your relationship and his feelings for you? Has he been in a serious relationship before?

I think you are hurtling towards an eating disorder and believe me, thats not something you want to live with for the rest of your life. Because its not going to be just about now, if you let all his views and opinions eat away at you, you're going to end up believing them and damaging your own health. If you stop having periods then thats when you really need to worry and see the doctor, I know its scary and everything but you will need help-be that from your GP, family or friends.

In my honest opinion, I think you need to think about if you really want to be with someone who speaks to you like that and if you can see it working out long-term, if you can, then you ned to talk to him about who his behaviour is making you feel. If not, break up with him. Either way, you need to eat more and be healthy-thats the most important thing.

x

ReputationRep:
    Tell him to throw himself off a bridge!

(Original post by klash1022)
    To be honest honey he doesn't seem like a very nice guy to be with if he is putting you down like that...especially during sex can you think of anything else which would be more of a turn off!?
    If he loved you he would be happy with who you are, you shouldn't have to lose weight for him, you sound like you don't need to anyway! At the end of the day you need to be happy with you never mind what he says!!
    I know it is easier said than done but you need to get rid, he isn't doing anything for your confidence or self esteem & you deserve to be happy!!
    Hope everything works out & treat yourself to a kfc !!

I know it is putting me down, I am going to talk to him about it, see what he has to say about it, but he will probably just go on about what I used to look like but when I met him I was like bordering a size 4, and I am happy for my weight gain but he isnt.

And eww I hate KFC :P

Join the club...

ReputationRep:
    From what you have said it doesn't seem that your boyfriend really cares for you, he is more concerned about image. You are fine the way you are and were happy before he started making comments. This is a form of mental abuse, personally I think you should tell him you are happy the way you are and if he doesn't like it that is his problem. If he is only willing to stay in a relationship with you if you loose weight then he clearly ins't interested in you as a person.

ReputationRep:
    Well, is eating little and exercising more doing you physical harm? Probably not. He fell for you when you looked a certain way, and it seems like he's trying to recreate that feeling by trying to push you to look the same way.

However, sizes and weights are irrelevant. You're a small girl, so sizes are different. Some replies on here just arent thinking about that.

Get your body fat checked. Don't bother going below 14% for him, but the rest is up to how the relationship with him compares to eating. Whichever one you'd like to do, do it.

ReputationRep:
    He should be damn grateful he's got such a fit girlfriend! I'm sure you're beautiful, going by your OP you know you're fine the way you are.

ReputationRep:
    Your boyfriend is an *******. Dump him ASAP.

Think about it--you're doing so much to make him happy, is he doing anything to make you happy? Relationships should be reciprocal; he should be trying to make YOU happy as well. In other words, he should NOT be doing things like stopping you from eating and forcing you to over-exercise.

If one half of a relationship putting themselves on the path to physical and psychiatric damage just to please the other half, it stops being about love and starts being about control. You're not making him happier by becoming skinnier, you're making him happier because he has someone to manipulate and he gets off on that. It's not a healthy relationship. Dump him. You sound absolutely gorgeous and you will find someone who really deserves you and will put your happiness first.

Sorry for the long rant, physical image problems are an issue rather close to me and I really hate to see someone go through such a nightmare.

ReputationRep:
    Your boyfriend has issues, or is either deluded. Ask him what the **** his problem is, or dump him.

ReputationRep:
    never ever change the way you are for someobody else. He is being totally unreasonable and quite honestly immature for acting the way he is. You may love this guy, but how much can he actually love you if he is happy to insult you and put you down, making you feel insecure. If he truly loved you, he'd love you just the way you are already... i mean have you asked him to change or modify his appearance? (i'm guessing not) My friend went out with a guy who convinced her to work out more, turned out it was just the start if his controlling behaviour and in the end she thankfully got out of that harmful relationship. I suggest you either talk to him and tell him it is upsetting you, and unfair. OR you talk to him telling him he is being unrealistic and if he doesn't start respecting you you will leave him. Be strong. Noone should ever make you feel inferior.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.