The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
He's An Idiot...dump Him For The Love Of God!!!!!!!!!
**** THE ****** get your BMI up!

18 Would be preferable
Dump the ****.
Reply 83
What the hell! You're normally a size 6 but sometimes a size 8 and he's complaining about you being fat?! Tell him to **** off and find somebody who actually appreciates you, not somebody who puts you down because a) He is insecure about himself or b) He wants to put you down so you think he is the best you will ever get and you stick with him.
You sound perfectly normal and healthy so get rid of that fool.
Do not let this manipulative bully do this to you, i have been there my ex gave me an eating disorder. He called me names, it got so bad i cut the size tags off clothes, i starved myself and ended up in inpatient therapy for anorexia with bulimic tendancies. I am sorry to be so forward but this has to stop. I felt like you that i had to make him happy cuz he meant the world to me.
It was like i was deluded when i think about it now, he should accept you as you are. I have been left with the effects of this with my current bf i still find it hard to order food in restaurants infront of people incase 'i feel fat'.
So please either talk to him and tell him what he is doing to you or get out of this relationship.
Hi,

Although you love your boyfriend very much, I don't think his behaviour is in your best interests, although I'm sure it is probably unintentional and he probably doesn't realise the effect this is having on you! Perhaps you should sit down with him and explain how you feel if you want to give the relationship a go and give him a chance to explain, this may even bring you closer and resolve any insecurities, because you shouldn't be changing yourself! You sound extremely fit and healthy and you certainly shouldn't change anything about yourself! You only want friends/boyfriends and family to instill you with confidence rather than give you insecurities, and I think you know that your boyfriend isn't doing this. If things can't be resolved, I would suggest leaving him, because this will be what is best in the long run for your self-confidence! be happy and confident because I'm sure your very pretty :smile: good luck x
Sorry to be harsh but you're being an absolute idiot. You're already very slim being a size 6 and if you were to lose more weight you would entering into serious health risk territory. Making yourself ill for a **** that obviously has no respect for you and is obviously a massive **** job for saying the things he says is just bloody stupid and you're stupid to love him. Do you have no self respect? You really think that you deserve a **** like that?
Anonymous
**Anon please, Personal issues**

I am quite skinny at the moment (size 6, BMI 17.8) but I have always been really skinny, I have never looked unhealthy though, as I am really small and have a tiny frame.

I generally ate about 3 meals a day (cereal, salad/ jacket potato/ and then I have different things for dinner- normally something with fish or pasta as I dont like red meat) and then I just have fruit and smoothies)

I also do about 8 hours excercise a week, so I have always been in good shape.

Anyway, I have been with my boyfriend for about 2 months now, and I decided to have sex with him about 3 weeks ago, I wasnt a virgin, but my first experience was a bad one so I try to forget it.

Anyway so all was fine, but like whenever I am naked he makes me feel really bad, like he will pinch my bum and say something like "putting it on a bit arent we" and like I hardly ever eat chocolate but i was going to have one bar and he was all "are you sure you want that".

And when we go shopping, if I have to get a size 8, he always makes me try on the six to see if I can squeeze in to it.

I swim and dance, but he reckons I need to go to the gym with him for 6 hours a week as well to make sure I stay a small size.

So like in the last 2 weeks I have just been eating 2 meals (breakfast and lunch)

And doing my 8 hours dance + swimming + 5 hours in the gym, I dont want to, but I love him so much and I dont want to offend him with all my fat - although everyone apart from him always says I am too skinny, but he is the one I love, so I am trying to lose more weight.

All my family are really conserned about me, and want to send me to a psychiatrist, but there isnt anything wrong with me, I just want to make him happy.

Is your boyfriend Adonis? lol

That is just ridiculous, you sound really thin as it is.
Reply 88
I have had anorexia for over two years, and from my experience in in-patient units i've realised that actually, it can start over something as seemingly insignificant as a few comments. From someone that you have been intimate with this can be majorly damaging to your self esteem - heck you trust him enough to sleep with him. I understand how gutted you must feel, how inadequate, but please realise that it is not you with the problem. Listen to what your friends and family say - you are NOT fat, you do NOT need to lose weight. I think deep down you know this but are afraid of losing your guy. This doesn't have to be the way, you can try and communicate with him, tell him how he makes you feel. Although when put into print his actions sound v calculated and deliberate, there is the chance that he does not realise the effect his judgements are having. I'd advise trying to talk with him, but if he continues to put you down please just keep in mind that YOU DO NOT DESERVE TO BE TREATED LIKE THAT. Plenty of other guys would probably love to be with you. :-)
Take care. Feel free to message me if you like
xxxxxx
Sorry but I find this hard to believe
Lmao At Pinching Your Bum And Saying You're Getting Fat, He's Probably Just Joking Around!
Reply 91
Eva2
I hope you're being ironic here. :s-smilie:

Why would I be ironic? Prevention is better then a cure. It's better for her to stop getting fat then to get fat and lose it.

Btw the OP sounds like she is blaming her problems on her boyfriend. You might need help.
Spanghew
By the sounds of it, you're pretty thin.

Are you sure he knows what a naked girl is supposed to look like? I mean outside of a lads-mag.

Hehehe the ironic thing about that statement is that when you ask a lads mag editor about skinny girls he'll say something along the lines of, "why would men be attracted to someone who looks like an adolecent boy", the girls in those magasines are often very "plump".
He sounds like a tool. Get rid. Seriously. He's going to end up driving you to make yourself ill and just to make him happy? That's ridiculous.

Tie him to the bed under the pretence of being kinky and then sit on his knees eating a Big Mac. Then tell him it's over and leave him there. That's what he deserves for the way he's treating you.
tell him to **** off
Lol I got a warning for trying to 'avoid' the swear filter. I thought putting *'s was what we were meant to do :frown:
Abhead
Your boyfriend is a controlling b******. Don't let him make him feel bad about your perfectly healthy and attractive body.

:ditto: this.

Dump the fool!
t3h_y0u553f
Is your boyfriend Adonis? lol

That is just ridiculous, you sound really thin as it is.

Just for his vanity search:

Adonis is gay.
Get fat to spite him.

Or just kick him to the curb, either way.
Anonymous
**Anon please, Personal issues**

I am quite skinny at the moment (size 6, BMI 17.8) but I have always been really skinny, I have never looked unhealthy though, as I am really small and have a tiny frame.

I generally ate about 3 meals a day (cereal, salad/ jacket potato/ and then I have different things for dinner- normally something with fish or pasta as I dont like red meat) and then I just have fruit and smoothies)

I also do about 8 hours excercise a week, so I have always been in good shape.

Anyway, I have been with my boyfriend for about 2 months now, and I decided to have sex with him about 3 weeks ago, I wasnt a virgin, but my first experience was a bad one so I try to forget it.

Anyway so all was fine, but like whenever I am naked he makes me feel really bad, like he will pinch my bum and say something like "putting it on a bit arent we" and like I hardly ever eat chocolate but i was going to have one bar and he was all "are you sure you want that".

And when we go shopping, if I have to get a size 8, he always makes me try on the six to see if I can squeeze in to it.

I swim and dance, but he reckons I need to go to the gym with him for 6 hours a week as well to make sure I stay a small size.

So like in the last 2 weeks I have just been eating 2 meals (breakfast and lunch)

And doing my 8 hours dance + swimming + 5 hours in the gym, I dont want to, but I love him so much and I dont want to offend him with all my fat - although everyone apart from him always says I am too skinny, but he is the one I love, so I am trying to lose more weight.

All my family are really conserned about me, and want to send me to a psychiatrist, but there isnt anything wrong with me, I just want to make him happy.

I got a distinct felling whne reading this, but shoot me if im wrong, that he's being ironic, perhaps? Like when he pinches your bum, he might just be joking.

He might think that ATM you have such a petite figure he might think that you actually strove for it and actively changed your lifestyle to be thin (eg eating less on purpose). Even about going to the gym maybe he thinks that YOU wan to retain you petite body shape and is lending advice on how to (as far fetched as it seems).

The best thing to do is TALK, talk to him about this. If he IS joking tell him it isn't funny, because it seems that he is beginning to get into your head. And if he isn't joking I think it wouln't be rash to cut him loose.

Latest

Trending

Trending