Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who thinks they've messed up their french GCSE? watch

I do. ... i've completed so many practice papers over time and done well in them, but in the actuall reading and listening papers i think i did really badly ... i swear that the reading paper was seriously hard .. what do you think?

what board were you on?

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel (if that's the board you were on) were tricky. The papers were much harder than the practice ones. Well, at least I thought they were.

ReputationRep:
    My friend was saying to me today that she thinks she's done badly aswell,so you're not the only one. That was on AQA.

ReputationRep:
    I messed up mine - WJEC

I've gotten near enough 100% on all practice papers, then the stupid bloody tape had to go and echo round the gym didn't it

ReputationRep:
    I did OCR and it was really easy! Especially the listening and the writing were really easy. OCR reading was fair considering the other 3 parts were really easy. I'm amazed Edexcel were hard because they are the easiest board.

ReputationRep:
    Totally. I found both the reading and listening paper difficult- especially the listening though, I mean WTF. I'd be really surprised if I came out with a B tbh.
    This was with AQA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *theKid*)
    Totally. I found both the reading and listening paper difficult- especially the listening though, I mean WTF. I'd be really surprised if I came out with a B tbh.
    This was with AQA.
    Yeah, they were bizarre exams lol... I have no idea how I did. We did them in classrooms with a desk each, but the paper thin walls meant that a) some classes were getting 4 attempts at listening (because the tapes started at slightly different times) and b) you could hear other classes' tapes overlapping with your one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by addylad)
    Yeah, they were bizarre exams lol... I have no idea how I did. We did them in classrooms with a desk each, but the paper thin walls meant that a) some classes were getting 4 attempts at listening (because the tapes started at slightly different times) and b) you could hear other classes' tapes overlapping with your one.

Exactly the same thing happened to us ¬¬ Hell, that annoyed me. :mad:
    I hope you've done well though =):yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bright.Inspiration.)
    I do. ... i've completed so many practice papers over time and done well in them, but in the actuall reading and listening papers i think i did really badly ... i swear that the reading paper was seriously hard .. what do you think?
    Last year i took the foundation exam (I only got C's in higher papers) I finished the exam in under 5 minutes, then had the entire exam to stare at the rest of my retarded group struggling. I was told I got close to full marks.

Moral of the story is, you should of taken foundation.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly the same thing happened to us ¬¬ Hell, that annoyed me. :mad:
    I hope you've done well though =):yep:
    Yeah, plus on one of the questions, I forgot to answer haha! So I chose the middle one and people after the exam told me that it was right. :p:

Thanks, and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, plus on one of the questions, I forgot to answer haha! So I chose the middle one and people after the exam told me that it was right. :p:

Thanks, and good luck!
    Lol, awww. Cute. It's a good feeling getting stuff right^^
    And thank you

ReputationRep:
    Lol, awww. Cute. It's a good feeling getting stuff right^^
    And thank you
    I agree! Let's just hoped we performed in all our exams. It's probably quite easy to fall down in one exam when you have five in a week. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I agree! Let's just hoped we performed in all our exams. It's probably quite easy to fall down in one exam when you have five in a week. :sad:
    Aha, agreed, though I'm sure we'll all do better than expected. Plus, French cwk has its fair share in contributing towards our overall grade, so as long as that's good, we needn't worry.

xx

ReputationRep:
    Aha, agreed, though I'm sure we'll all do better than expected. Plus, French cwk has its fair share in contributing towards our overall grade, so as long as that's good, we needn't worry.

xx
    Yeah, I managed to get full marks on my French coursework! Maybe that will make up for the other exams.

ReputationRep:
    don't worry i thought i got an A turns out it was an A*

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I managed to get full marks on my French coursework! Maybe that will make up for the other exams.
    Aw, definetely yeah :yep:
    xx

ReputationRep:
    Lol. I definitely failed, but that's no surprise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bright.Inspiration.)
    I did mine 2 years ago. I thought I messed mine up too, along with my German.

Is it the speaking and listening parts that you think you messed up on? If so, don't worry - I thought I did too. My grade turned out fine in the end People generally do worse on those areas anyway.

ReputationRep:
    ha i do! dont mind though if i do well in the others

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.