The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

LSE or KCL? Need help!

Hi guys,

I’m holding two offers to be a visiting student at LSE and King’s College London, most likely to take courses in Maths, Law and History. I’ve done some research about these two institutions, and right now I really don’t know which offer to accept. My findings are:

- Reputation: LSE seems to have a much bigger reputation, and it will look greater on my CV. I was also told that employers keep coming to the campus to recruit for internships. Is this the case for King’s too? How about employers’ view on King’s compared to LSE? :rolleyes:
- Teaching: from the threads I have seen many complaints about the teaching quality at LSE. :frown: However, I can’t help wondering how can LSE still have such a huge reputation if teaching is that bad? :confused:
- Student profile: I’ve heard that half of LSE students are postgrads, and nearly 60% are international, while at King’s there’s only like 20% of the student population being international. Honestly, if these figures are true, I prefer King’s student profile…

I’m really torn between LSE and KCL. One reason is because I might not get the second chance to come to LSE since applying for entry as a visiting student is undoubtedly easier and less competitive than as a postgrad, and I’m not quite confident in my academic records… On the other hand, it seems like King’s architecture (and especially the Maughan Library!) is much nicer, while LSE seems a bit too small and “cramped”, and I’m kinda stimulated by this factor :p: .

Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions for me? I’d greatly appreciate it. :yes:
Reply 1
i think that KCL is a more "normal" university, whilst at LSE the people are there PURELY for the degree and to get a banking job. I think KCL the people may actually enjoy what they are doing.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
You obviously want to go to LSE. My advice is to choose it and stop fighting your instincts.
How can you take courses in Maths, History and Law?
Reply 4
I think u should go to LSE. reading ur post, it sounds like u prefer it!
Reply 5
is KCL good in maths?

Latest