Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I’m holding two offers to be a visiting student at LSE and King’s College London, most likely to take courses in Maths, Law and History. I’ve done some research about these two institutions, and right now I really don’t know which offer to accept. My findings are:

- Reputation: LSE seems to have a much bigger reputation, and it will look greater on my CV. I was also told that employers keep coming to the campus to recruit for internships. Is this the case for King’s too? How about employers’ view on King’s compared to LSE? :rolleyes:
    - Teaching: from the threads I have seen many complaints about the teaching quality at LSE. However, I can’t help wondering how can LSE still have such a huge reputation if teaching is that bad? :confused:
    - Student profile: I’ve heard that half of LSE students are postgrads, and nearly 60% are international, while at King’s there’s only like 20% of the student population being international. Honestly, if these figures are true, I prefer King’s student profile…

I’m really torn between LSE and KCL. One reason is because I might not get the second chance to come to LSE since applying for entry as a visiting student is undoubtedly easier and less competitive than as a postgrad, and I’m not quite confident in my academic records… On the other hand, it seems like King’s architecture (and especially the Maughan Library!) is much nicer, while LSE seems a bit too small and “cramped”, and I’m kinda stimulated by this factor :p: .

Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions for me? I’d greatly appreciate it. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    i think that KCL is a more "normal" university, whilst at LSE the people are there PURELY for the degree and to get a banking job. I think KCL the people may actually enjoy what they are doing.

You obviously want to go to LSE. My advice is to choose it and stop fighting your instincts.

ReputationRep:
    How can you take courses in Maths, History and Law?

ReputationRep:
    I think u should go to LSE. reading ur post, it sounds like u prefer it!

ReputationRep:
    is KCL good in maths?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.