Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tango Freakster)
    I ******* LOVE YOU OP!!

I ordered one for the £8.50, got the e-mail and have spent the last hour making sure my dad (a solicitor) read through all the terms + conditions and he's ******* shocked - yes, they are legally obliged to SEND IT TO US!

'For items purchased from third parties in Marketplace, this e-mail confirms the completion of your contract to purchase those items.'

Seeing as this order was placed through Marketplace, the contracts done + settled.

Go and have a look at your order history - it's back up at £200+ but our order specifically underlines that we've got it at £8.50!

I ******* LOVE YOU!!!
    And I missed out

ReputationRep:
    AMAZON SHUTS OVER PRICE ERROR

All of the scare stories you've read HAVE NOT BEEN through Marketplace, so we're bloody well sorted! :party:

ReputationRep:
    i would have thought if the company has spotted the mistake then they would have canceled our orders straight away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViolatedTreason)
    no, the way it is worded shows that the one we got is the contract. why cause confusion, when they can simply say, the dispatch email is overall confirmation of purchase, regardless of where purchased?
    Well, I guess by making it wordy, you can assume different meanings, like I just did hehe.

Yes, I guess it is a contract between you and the seller. But if the seller doesn't actual have the products, has been hacked or has gone bankrupt, face it - you're not going to get the iPods

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AP_89)
    Knowing this makes a contract void? :eyebrow:

I can't see Amazon pulling that case out of the bag.
    Yes, as there is no http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meeting_of_the_minds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    i would have thought if the company has spotted the mistake then they would have canceled our orders straight away
    Yeah, that's what I figured. At the end of the day, there's nothing to lose so I'm just gonna forget about it for now and go back to pokemon :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    I ******* LOVE YOU OP!!

I ordered one for the £8.50, got the e-mail and have spent the last hour making sure my dad (a solicitor) read through all the terms + conditions and he's ******* shocked - yes, they are legally obliged to SEND IT TO US!

'For items purchased from third parties in Marketplace, this e-mail confirms the completion of your contract to purchase those items.'

Seeing as this order was placed through Marketplace, the contracts done + settled.

Go and have a look at your order history - it's back up at £200+ but our order specifically underlines that we've got it at £8.50!

I ******* LOVE YOU!!!
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    They quickly changed the price back, but didn't cancel the orders

ReputationRep:
    I ******* LOVE YOU OP!!

I ******* LOVE YOU!!!

Most welcome mate :p:
    I'm not utterly convinced by it all but we'll have to wait and see.
    There was no harm in trying!
    Funnily enough, my dad's also a solicitor - gonna wait til he gets back from work to see what he says

ReputationRep:
    Doesnt this seem a bit fishy....because now on amazon, the seller does not have any products up for sale.

ReputationRep:
    I ******* LOVE YOU OP!!

I ******* LOVE YOU!!!
    And when you don't get it, I shall lawl myself to sleep haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clements-)
    Yeah, that's what I figured. At the end of the day, there's nothing to lose so I'm just gonna forget about it for now and go back to pokemon :teeth:
    which one you playing?

ReputationRep:
    Regardless of what the contract actually does and doesn't allow, I think you're all still being far too optimistic.

How many of you would actually bother with the hassle of taking this whole thing to court if they didn't send the items to you?

ReputationRep:
    Subbing to see if anyone receives the Touch they have ordered. . So sad that I missed out.......

ReputationRep:
    About time for me to remind everyone that the initial order confirmation does not oblige the company to deliver the goods and it is an auto reply.
    I can't even be bothered to find and copy my previous comments, but I have bought from them before and it was jovially cancelled.

Muhahahhaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jordan12)
    Regardless of what the contract actually does and doesn't allow, I think you're all still being far too optimistic.

How many of you would actually bother with the hassle of taking this whole thing to court if they didn't send the items to you?
    Judging by how many people on here complain about being broke, I'm guessing a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    which one you playing?
    fire red. I wanted to restart emerald but I can't find it. I found yellow the other day and put it in my GBA :awesome: graphics were a bit ****** though but who knows where my dinosaur of a GBC has gone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shayke)
    And when you don't get it, I shall lawl myself to sleep haha
    Why? :P
    We won't lose anything. No money is lost.
    If we do get it, you'll by crying yourself to sleep :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The West Wing)
    Yes, as there is no http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meeting_of_the_minds
    So intention basically, never come across 'Meeting of the minds' in any textbook.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by memenme_1)
    Doesnt this seem a bit fishy....because now on amazon, the seller does not have any products up for sale.
    They're probably bankrupt + crying their hearts out at the mo.

And if they dare to somehow pull out of the contract illegally, I'll just get my dad to file a lawsuit on behalf of us all! :yep:

No harm done.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 10, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.