Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jordan12)
    No, no harm at all.
    Apart from the complete bankruptcy of a small company and redundancy of all it's employees, just for one mistake. All for you to get your cheap iPod. :rolleyes:
    It's a tough world out there, baby.

In fact, I've already got an iPhone - I'll just be selling the 15 I ordered on to ebay + laughing my head off at the crazy profit margins whilst you weep away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jordan12)
    No, no harm at all.
    Apart from the complete bankruptcy of a small company and redundancy of all it's employees, just for one mistake. All for you to get your cheap iPod. :rolleyes:
    I honestly don't think this will cause bankruptcy-compared to the amount of money they must make selling what they sell.

ReputationRep:
    Your Amazon.co.uk order 203-3669747-XXXXXX has shipped!‏

awsome! cant believe that!!!

p.s. shame it was for a different item at proper price. still awaiting the ipod despatch :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carlosb)
    I'm pretty sure they won't go bankrupt because of this :yep:
    Oh yeah I agree, just pointing out to the daddy's boy that if they somehow went bankrupt, you're not gonna be able to 'sue' them to get your ipods lol =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesty)

p.s. shame it was for a different item at proper price. still awaiting the ipod despatch :P
    Lol you nob.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leala4628)
    I honestly don't think this will cause bankruptcy-compared to the amount of money they must make selling what they sell.
    You'd be surprised by the fine margins required to compete in consumer electronics. But you're right that it won't cause bankruptcy as nothing will happen

ReputationRep:
    Well Amazon is about to take my monies on one of the two orders as one of them just bounced back as I used an old card. All sorted now and we'll see how it progresses from here!

Edit: Money has been taken from my account.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesty)

you got me :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    No one mentioned the nanos selling at £14

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blatant Troll)
    Something like this happened a few weeks ago - it was on the BBC News site. I believe all the orders stood - and (before the fix) there were a lot of them :lolwut:
    That was for some Albums. For the sake of their reputation they fulfilled the order.

ReputationRep:
    theyve taken my money

LOL THEYVE SENT IT OUT

ReputationRep:
    Price displayed = price to pay so if it's wrong you can buy it for the incorrect price

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tango Freakster)
    From your evident idiocy, I take it you missed out on the offer?

Shame.
    No, I just think it's stupid when people like you think that you are legally entitled to a mispriced iPod because of some line in an email. It was an error and they didn't intend to sell it to you at that price. They will cancel your order.

What are you going to do? Sue them? Do you know anything about law? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Awww...I just got back from the cinema Missed it all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shayke)
    Oh yeah I agree, just pointing out to the daddy's boy that if they somehow went bankrupt, you're not gonna be able to 'sue' them to get your ipods lol =]
    I couldn't agree more with that sentiment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pandabär)
    Wow! I would have thought they legally have to sell it to you for the price it's being advertised at? I think that's the case on the high-street. Not sure if it's the same online...
    Nope - not the case. they have it in the small print.

the customer doesnt lose out anything f they cancel the order, just back to where they started

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    theyve taken my money

LOL THEYVE SENT IT OUT
    Seriously? What delivery option?

ReputationRep:
    I can no longer cancel, I can't remember what it said but it said something like 'awaiting dispatch' but it now says:

Delivery #1: Ordered from IT Hardware Direct Ltd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leala4628)
    I was more refferring to the expenses that would arise from a court case.

Besides, people have gone and ordered hundreds of them in the hope of selling them on, essentially cleaning their entire stock out.

If they were to go on with all those sales, they'd be loosing thousands of pounds and since they only trade on Marketplace, I'm guessing they must be a small business so they won't be able to take financial hits like that.

ReputationRep:
    Says it's awaiting dispatch *dances*

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 10, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.