Turn on thread page Beta

£13.13 iPod Touch - Amazon error? watch

ReputationRep:
    I so wanna do this. Whats there to lose?

ReputationRep:
    Delete this thread so we can do it gogogogogo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nizzay!)
    I so wanna do this. Whats there to lose?

If they come back saying you can't be sold it for the price quoted, they'll refund you the cost, but I *think* I'm right in saying that they don't have to refund the postage costs.

So, £4.50.

ReputationRep:
    Order confirmed via email

Delivery Method: Standard
    Delivery Preference: Group my items into as few deliveries as possible
    Subtotal of Items: £8.90
    Postage & Packing: £4.50
    ------
    Total: £13.40
    Promotional Gift Certificates: -£0.00
    ------
    Total for this order: £13.40

Worth a try i guess. if they cancel then no lose

ReputationRep:
    they can't charge you more than they are advertising it for. they will cancel your orders and say that it was a misprice most likely. however if they take the money from your account then they are obliged to sell it to you at that price.

ReputationRep:
    I've gone for one!

ReputationRep:
    i dont think anythings to lose. they cant charge you delivery if they are not deliverying and if they say they are going to charge im claim false advertising.

it cant be a msitake unless its a coincidence they did it on two different items.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone buying it should really print off the page and order form. Proof and all that jazz.

ReputationRep:
    I just ordered the 32gb. Amazon usually email you explaining the mistake and refund your card. If you read their T&C, they state that the sale isn't final until they send you the email. Plus, it's through another company so they may well go through with the sale. If not, no harm done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pandabär)
    Wow! I would have thought they legally have to sell it to you for the price it's being advertised at? I think that's the case on the high-street. Not sure if it's the same online...
    It isn't the case for either, has everyone forgotten about the tesco/argos 1p TVs?

They'll refund you...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    If they come back saying you can't be sold it for the price quoted, they'll refund you the cost, but I *think* I'm right in saying that they don't have to refund the postage costs.

So, £4.50.
    Nope, they'll simply cancel the order so you won't lose anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [almost])
    Was just browsing Amazon and came across this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Apple-iP...=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

A NEW iPod Touch 16GB for only £13.13?! :eek:
    Surely there's gotta be an error somewhere..
    If I bought this and the error was discovered would they legally be allowed to charge me the proper amount?
    Looks way too good to be true!
    I rang them, they are aware of the problem it seems. I wouldn't buy it if I were you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)

So, £4.50.
    I done it. Hopefully there will be a chance it comes through.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really tempted, is it possible for them to charge me full price once I've already placed my order?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesty)
    Order confirmed via email

Delivery Method: Standard
    Delivery Preference: Group my items into as few deliveries as possible
    Subtotal of Items: £8.90
    Postage & Packing: £4.50
    ------
    Total: £13.40
    Promotional Gift Certificates: -£0.00
    ------
    Total for this order: £13.40

Worth a try i guess. if they cancel then no lose
    Once the order is confirmed, according to T&C, they HAVE to sell it to you. So when they email you a dispatch notice, that's completion of the sale.

ReputationRep:
    Well I've just bought one, see how it goes. No harm in trying!

(Original post by jesty)
    i dont think anythings to lose. they cant charge you delivery if they are not deliverying and if they say they are going to charge im claim false advertising.

it cant be a msitake unless its a coincidence they did it on two different items.
    Loooking at the rest of their product listings it looks like a mistake they've made

ReputationRep:
    I am so close to placing my order. One more click...

ReputationRep:
    I've just ordered one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pandabär)
    Wow! I would have thought they legally have to sell it to you for the price it's being advertised at? I think that's the case on the high-street. Not sure if it's the same online...
    They don't legally have to sell you anything

It's their property, they've just put a price on it, offering you THEIR product at that price, they can sell you whatever price they want I believe. Once you enter a contract and agree a price then yes, it's different I believe

The law is ambiguous but I'm pretty sure that's how it is

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 10, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.