Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

£13.13 iPod Touch - Amazon error? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tango Freakster)
    OMFG - £263 been taken out of my account?!?!?!?!?!!? FOR EACHHHH ONE AND I'VE ORDERED 15?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?
    watchu talkin bout willis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SC17)
    Been changed for the past 2ish hours..
    Damn everyone who bought one i hate you guys haha

ReputationRep:
    well the moneys gone out thats a start i supose, but they could always refund it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick_000)
    Right, I hate everyone who has bought one.

Yes, I'm a whiny, sulking prick but that doesn't mean I hate you any less. For ***** sake, I went out because I was bored and I miss a good business opportunity.

:mad2:
    At least you weren't idiotic enough to only order one when you got the chance :p: man, I really don't have a business brain.

(Original post by Mr-Dangerous)
    Damn everyone who bought one i hate you guys haha
    Damn that girl in your sig.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder when the cancellation email will arrive... because no doubt it will
    Pitty... i wanted that ipod touch.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently, the same company selling the iPods also were offering a 500GB WD Hard Drive for £25:
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/43815...o-blue-500gb-/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fabulous_darling)
    Haha, impossible.
    True, who has that much cash in their account :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by impervious)
    True, who has that much cash in their account :O
    Ironically, me. I missed the whole ******* thing though :mad2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr-Dangerous)
    its changed now theyve fixed it i think
    In other news: the world is round, Titanic sinks, etc. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTallOne)
    Apparently, the same company selling the iPods also were offering a 500GB WD Hard Drive for £25:
    Ahahaha, and I thought it was only us on here who knew. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTallOne)
    that's got me a bit worried :s i hope it isn't a scam to get my bank details

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick_000)
    Ironically, me. I missed the whole ******* thing though :mad2:
    Lol, I understand how angry you feel - but don't bite yourself over it. :yep:

15 for me - ********* high profit margins! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I thought all Marketplace purchases were charged pretty much straight away, through Amazon Payments, automatically?

Kind of like paying for something on a site that accepts PayPal, where you send the money straight away rather than being charged at dispatch?

In this case there would have been no way for the seller to stop those payments even if they wanted to.

Could be wrong though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryvision)
    All orders go through Amazon.

The seller then says they've dispatched the order and the money is transferred.

ReputationRep:
    If the money has been taken out, does that mean that they now have to sell it? The money only went out of my account when the item had been dispatched last time I bought from Amazon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryvision)
    They don't get your details, though? Doesn't it go through amazon + their subsequently paid too?

ReputationRep:
    Imagine if it's a scam and they've sold thousands of these Ipods... at £13 each. Could have scammed a good few hundred thousand... But I really doubt it! Hahaha, you'll all get refunds even though they have taken the money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x.Crystal.x)
    I wonder when the cancellation email will arrive... because no doubt it will
    Pitty... i wanted that ipod touch.
    Keep positive. My dad'll sort this out, no doubt. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tango Freakster)
    Lol, I understand how angry you feel - but don't bite yourself over it. :yep:

15 for me - ********* high profit margins! :yep:
    I congratulate you in a bitter manner. It is always about the business. Well done for ordering 15. As for the guys who only ordered 1 - You just did yourself out of a lot of money. 2nd Gen Ipod Touches are going for around £220 on Ebay.

Do the maths. Easy money.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 10, 2009
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.