Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

£13.13 iPod Touch - Amazon error? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aack)
    Who is selling the product and I will find their similar provision.
    I think you'll find it was sold by a marketplace seller

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aack)
    Who is selling the product and I will find their similar provision.
    lol there has already been a quote from their site saying that they will not change the price if it has been put up by mistake

ReputationRep:
    I just contacted the Sun with the story. Lets get the media involved. The more media attention this story gets, the more likely we are to get the I pods at the reduced price!

And why are people saying don't post here if you want any chance of receiving your Ipod. The more secretive we are about this the more chance Amazon will try to shun us and cancel the orders. Amazon do not want bad press and this is a highly embarrassing situation for such a large multinational. The more pressure on Amazon, the more chances they'll have to stick to the reduced prices.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    if you actually read it

Please note that this policy applies only to products sold and shipped by Amazon.co.uk.
    And if you read the OP's link:

In stock.
    Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.co.uk. Gift-wrap available.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamitri)
    Right now there's not much to be jealous about, tbh. Your iPods haven't been shipped and the money hasn't left your account, has it? :confused:

Get real, it's entertaining to watch someone deluded in ecstasy, I agree, but at some point it starts being cringeworthy. Seriously - as many people stated in this thread, there might have been a chance to get your orders had everyone bought one iPod each. But do you really think you're gonna get fifteen iPhones, a bulk buy, for £8 or £9 each? :rolleyes:

Even if the company doesn't have any terms and conditions (they probably have anyway), they're just not gonna sell it, even if it would mean receiving 50 points of negative feedback from dissatisfied bargain hunters. I'm sorry to have burst your bubble, but... That's the reality.

kthxbai. :yep:
    The money has left quite a few of our accounts. However, I'm not really sure of the significance of this. They could still just refund the money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by memenme_1)
    Yeah that is my question too. Has anyone phoned up to ask about their order, about dispatch?
    Lets have a vote, I say you do it.:yep:

ReputationRep:
    Im pretty sure i'm not going to get one. It was worth a try!

ReputationRep:
    people have tried this before here and they all got orders cancelled.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't be surprised to see a few of you get them. As for who ordered 15, I doubt they will dispatch 15 as it is obvious that you were taking advantinge of a glaring pricing error. However, if it has already been confirmed in the email, the law is on your side. They have taken your money for an order you placed and confirmed it will be dispatched.

Good luck (I'm still bitter for missing out though)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aack)
    its not from there though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam7v)
    It won't come tomorrow you willy, it's the weekend. Clearly you haven't bought much over the internet before.
    shush, she's funny. Clumsy as hell, but entertaining to watch nonetheless.

I'll piss my pants laughing when all those dead-sure folks will end up with either a brick in their mailbox or just won't get anything. If they will - good for them, nice job of bargain hunting, but as I've said, bulk amounts are unlikely to be shipped IMO, that's why you need to buy in single orders, e.g. asking your friends to get one for you and then sharing the profit etc. As Nick_000 says, bulk amounts indicate that you were most likely taking advantage of the pricing error, whereas with single orders you might as well just say that you were planning to buy one anyway and only realized after checking your bank statement later that day or something. Nobody sane orders 15 iPods at once anyway, so yeah - some people might get it, but the greedy types are quite likely to be missing out, just because of their greediness :Yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack_Meaden)
    I just contacted the Sun with the story. Lets get the media involved. The more media attention this story gets, the more likely we are to get the I pods at the reduced price!

And why are people saying don't post here if you want any chance of receiving your Ipod. The more secretive we are about this the more chance Amazon will try to shun us and cancel the orders. Amazon do not want bad press and this is a highly embarrassing situation for such a large multinational. The more pressure on Amazon, the more chances they'll have to stick to the reduced prices.
    It wasn't being sold by amazon so they can blame the other company... Besides it won't be that embrassing, most people will accept the fact it was an accident.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aack)
    A) The OP linked to a 16gb ipod. This was a 32gb ipod by the seller IT hardware direct
    B) The links have updated anyway. Once the prices were found out, the price was changed as well as the listings selling out or being removed from the marketplace seller. That would be why it says it's by amazon.co.uk :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aack)
    But most people bought a different item to what the OP originally linked to.

And, that item was not sold by Amazon.co.uk, it was by some IT company that no one can remember the name of. So, the policy for things sold by amazon.co.uk will not apply to something sold by someone else.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Aack)
    there was another link that we used, for a 32gb ipod, which was from IT Hardware or something like that. NOT AMAZON

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clements-)
    A) The OP linked to a 16gb ipod. This was a 32gb ipod by the seller IT hardware direct
    B) The links have updated anyway. Once the prices were found out, the price was changed as well as the listings selling out or being removed from the marketplace seller. That would be why it says it's by amazon.co.uk :facepalm:
    and people on this thread are giving bad advice, eh? :rofl2:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    personally, i'm not expecting anything, its not like i have lost anything, cos i never had it in the first place, but if i do get one, it will help me for a few weeks if i sell it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    and people on this thread are giving bad advice, eh? :rofl2:
    Mm :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    ohhh it's been updated,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clements-)
    Mm :indiff:
    wut?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 10, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.