Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chriztina27)
    ohhh it's been updated,
    Yeah We clarified that about 3 hours ago, lol.

ReputationRep:
    My money for this order has been taken out of my account, someone posted earlier that there order had both a Dispatch and delivery estimate, my order has only a delivery estimate and is uneditable (earlier I could change delivery address & postage options).

Does this mean it has it been dispatched and that I will get it??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    wut?
    what what

ReputationRep:
    This has turned from a nice conversation discussing our chances to a bit of an argument where neither side has a clue what they are talking about.

I've been here since page 2 of this thread and I ordered one - There is evidence in the T&C that we will get them, but also evidence in past cases that the companies can wriggle out of stuff like this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clements-)
    what what
    i think you need to calm down :naughty:

ReputationRep:
    what what
    in the butt! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chriztina27)
    ohhh it's been updated,

What's that?

ReputationRep:
    HAS NOBODY BEEN SENT A CONFIRMATION YET?!

I doubt anybody will get their iPods. I'm still pissed as **** that I missed this though. I died a little, inside.

:cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben25)
    My money for this order has been taken out of my account, someone posted earlier that there order had both a Dispatch and delivery estimate, my order has only a delivery estimate and is uneditable (earlier I could change delivery address & postage options).

Does this mean it has it been dispatched and that I will get it??
    Yes it does, in fact, I'm suprised that you don't have the iPod next to you right now...

Stop asking - No one knows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    i think you need to calm down :naughty:
    I think you need to GTFO :plz2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam7v)
    Yes it does, in fact, I'm suprised that you don't have the iPod next to you right now...

Stop asking - No one knows.
    Unnecessary sarcasm alert.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FatFridge)
    HAS NOBODY BEEN SENT A CONFIRMATION YET?!

I doubt anybody will get their iPods. I'm still pissed as **** that I missed this though. I died a little, inside.

:cry:
    Well from previous experienve third parties take a while to send out this email. Theyre probably trying to get out of it at the moment though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam7v)
    This has turned from a nice conversation discussing our chances to a bit of an argument where neither side has a clue what they are talking about.
    Are you trying to hint that someone will get 15 iPhones worth around £4'000 (that's four grand) for £120? Man, I'd dare say that mere shipping costs of 15 iPhones would be around half of that if not more, haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SC17)
    Yeah We clarified that about 3 hours ago, lol.
    :p: haha, I just read the initial link without reading the faaat 11 pages in between!

ReputationRep:
    Marketpalce terms will probably be governed by Amazon terms - I am looking for a link or you all before you jump on me.

I have studied consumer law in some depth, and yes it is good PR for companies to go through with orders (like Hoover did with the USA flights I think) but ultimately, there will be a term or condition of sale, whether it be Amazon's terms, or Marketplace seller terms - if the seller has no terms, Amazons will probably prevail.

Again, I am looking for a link.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aack)
    Marketpalce terms will probably be governed by Amazon terms - I am looking for a link or you all before you jump on me.

I have studied consumer law in some depth, and yes it is good PR for companies to go through with orders (like Hoover did with the USA flights I think) but ultimately, there will be a term or condition of sale, whether it be Amazon's terms, or Marketplace seller terms - if the seller has no terms, Amazons will probably prevail.

Again, I am looking for a link.
    This is a statement from amazon at any rate:

'Please note that for items ordered from Amazon.co.uk this e-mail is only an acknowledgement of receipt of your order and your contract to purchase these items is not complete until we send you an e-mail notifying you that the items have been dispatched to you. For items purchased from third parties in Marketplace, this e-mail confirms the completion of your contract to purchase those items.'

Amazon even state in their T&Cs that they have no links to marketplace sellers in that way, and that they are simply the host.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamitri)
    Are you trying to hint that someone will get 15 iPhones worth around £4'000 (that's four grand) for £120? Man, I'd dare say that mere shipping costs of 15 iPhones would be around half of that if not more, haha.
    I think best case scenario is one each for good PR, but more realistically none...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AP_89)
    What's that?
    dw just me being slow..pointing out that they are no longer £13, without reading the million posts already mentioning this fact

ReputationRep:
    I think you need to GTFO :plz2:
    sorry am goin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    sorry am goin
    :hugs:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 10, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.