Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    aw man im gutted only just read this

who here has bought one then? hows it going? i cba to trawl through this thread lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by impervious)
    I think best case scenario is one each for good PR, but more realistically none...
    Well they're pro'lly just gonna get a discount for an order with the store or something, TBH I doubt that people will get their actuall order, but I doubt they will be left with nothing nonetheless... We'll see. It's just funny how greedy some people are, instead of getting one and taking advantage, they're taking bulk amounts and therefore ruining the opportunity not only for themselves but also for others :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aack)
    Marketpalce terms will probably be governed by Amazon terms - I am looking for a link or you all before you jump on me.

I have studied consumer law in some depth, and yes it is good PR for companies to go through with orders (like Hoover did with the USA flights I think) but ultimately, there will be a term or condition of sale, whether it be Amazon's terms, or Marketplace seller terms - if the seller has no terms, Amazons will probably prevail.

Again, I am looking for a link.
    I hope you find a link lol :P I don't care if I get anything out of this, it's just the uncertainty of it all. If I knew it was 100% doomed, I'd be able to rest :P

As someone previously said:

iPod for £8 > No iPod > kick in the teeth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aack)
    Marketpalce terms will probably be governed by Amazon terms - I am looking for a link or you all before you jump on me.

I have studied consumer law in some depth, and yes it is good PR for companies to go through with orders (like Hoover did with the USA flights I think) but ultimately, there will be a term or condition of sale, whether it be Amazon's terms, or Marketplace seller terms - if the seller has no terms, Amazons will probably prevail.

Again, I am looking for a link.
    It almost bankrupted them lol. Another interesting case of a companies promotion going awry is Starbucks. They sent an e-voucher to a small group of selected customers offering free coffes. Like most viral promotions, it was excessively passed on to friends and they had to cancel the promotion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack_Meaden)
    I just contacted the Sun with the story. Lets get the media involved. The more media attention this story gets, the more likely we are to get the I pods at the reduced price!

Not really... this kind of thing happens pretty often, and I doubt even the likes of the Sun would bother with it.

Amazon do not want bad press and this is a highly embarrassing situation for such a large multinational. The more pressure on Amazon, the more chances they'll have to stick to the reduced prices.

Again, it's not that embarrassing. Particularly as it doesn't appear to be Amazon themselves who are to blame. Any 'bad press' this receives would/should be aimed squarely at the marketplace seller, who are probably some random little company with half a dozen employees. In reality, Amazon themselves are about as at fault here as eBay are every time someone accidentally lists a Range Rover for a fiver, and so there's pretty much no hope of 'forcing' them to do anything much more than refunding your money. Which they do anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chriztina27)
    dw just me being slow..pointing out that they are no longer £13, without reading the million posts already mentioning this fact
    :rofl:

I see :p:

ReputationRep:
    Wow, this is almost a complete representation in one thread: Question; Misinformation; Information; Arguments by people that don't know better; Counter arguments and proof by people that do; quesiton answerd; quesiton posed again and the cycle goes on.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, if you bought one of these, at least rep the OP for bringing it to your attention!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick_000)
    Oh, if you bought one of these, at least rep the OP for bringing it to your attention!
    1. My rep is worth nothing.
    2. Even if it were, I'd wait to see if I actually get the ipod first.

ReputationRep:
    Oh i will. If i get one :p:

ReputationRep:
    Wow I can't believe someone contacted The Sun! Media pressure to get the iPods if 'hoping they won't notice' fails lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FatFridge)
    HAS NOBODY BEEN SENT A CONFIRMATION YET?!
    If nobody has received a confirmation email, then your offer to buy has not been accepted.

Contract law.

Anyone been sent confirmation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aack)
    If nobody has received a confirmation email, then your offer to buy has not been accepted.

Contract law.

We all have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aack)

Contract law.

Everybody is aware of that.

We're waiting for someone to inform us they've received a confirmation email.

ReputationRep:
    IT HARDWARE DIRECT LIMITED
    UNIT 20 HEDGE END BUSINESS
    CENTRE, BOTLEY ROAD
    HEDGE END
    SOUTHAMPTON
    SO30 2AU
    Company No. 06326583

That's their address.

Date of Incorporation: 27/07/2007

Accounting Reference Date: 31/07
    Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/07/2008 (TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL)
    Next Accounts Due: 30/04/2010
    Last Return Made Up To: 27/07/2008
    Next Return Due: 24/08/2009

Information from Companies House.

ReputationRep:
    all ready done so:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTallOne)
    IT HARDWARE DIRECT LIMITED
    UNIT 20 HEDGE END BUSINESS
    CENTRE, BOTLEY ROAD
    HEDGE END
    SOUTHAMPTON
    SO30 2AU
    Company No. 06326583

That's their address.

Date of Incorporation: 27/07/2007

Accounting Reference Date: 31/07
    Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/07/2008 (TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL)
    Next Accounts Due: 30/04/2010
    Last Return Made Up To: 27/07/2008
    Next Return Due: 24/08/2009

Information from Companies House.
    And?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aack)

Contract law.

Everyone has been sent a confirmation email.

Ahem:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    The email we received is from [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    I Want One!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 10, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.