Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by AP_89)
    Don't you have your own account/money?
    Yes, but that's irrelevant to them. Apparently it's still "their business" what I do with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dev25)
    If you brought more then 1, send 1 to me for the price you paid, i'll even pay P&P
    Awesome, go for it.
    P&P is £240 btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tango Freakster)
    WTF? I ain't trolling at all.

That was there a few hours ago, and now all that's there is the delivery estimate! Check for yourselves if you don't believe me!
    To be fair you did make a big song and dance earlier about how they took out the full amount for all 15 from your bank, then later admitted you hadn't checked your bank at all..

So it's not too far-fetched for people to suspect you're doing the same with this claim.

ReputationRep:
    Well, this is kind of interesting, although not interesting enough to read 30 pages.

I'm fairly sure that Amazon take your money by the time the Marketplace seller 'gets' your order (having processed some such orders). So legally, the transaction would normally be past the 'invitation to treat' stage because payment has been accepted. Presumably Amazon Payments could be considered a sort of escrow, so that the seller is not deemed to have 'accepted' the funds until they confirm and process the order. Seems like a slightly grey area though.

If it hasn't already been mentioned, Marketplace sellers are literally unable to charge you more than you agreed. So there's no real risk, and I don't see how they could possibly withold the postage amount from a refund when it's their error and nothing is posted. Although I would be surprised if the price is honoured.

(Original post by StandingOnAir)
    Don't worry, they probably won't come. : )
    Is it selfish of me to hope for this? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by impervious)
    Lets be fair, give him
    :troll: :confused:

Aaaah.... I see what you did there :awesome:

some time to use photoshop.
    PaintPro ftw, I'm still waiting for the screenshot, I really want to be made cringeworthingly embarrassed :rolleyes:

(Original post by Dynamitri)
    It really isn't that cool, no :no:

ReputationRep:
    I do hate "cool story bro" but that pic made me laugh
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    ^ ^
    This, like, totally.

This even more. I don't know any company that would send stuff and then confirmation emails that late on Friday afternoon. The poster seems to be totally unexperienced in on-line shopping (as evidenced by previous, absolutely ridiculous statements in this thread), but for some odd and unexplained reasons seems to have the preconception that TSR is full of dorks alike. :rolleyes:
    hopefully, survival of the fittest will come into action soon enough. hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SC17)
    Post a screenshot of it then?
    I need to sign up with imageshack first? I'll do that in a bit.

But no, I'm not lying or trolling in any way at all - a few hours ago, on my order history there were dates for dispatch + delivery. But now, all that's there are the delivery dates. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I hear them flying pigs are pretty damn fast.
    Haha brilliant

Do you have your iPod yet?

Are the pigs fed, watered and ready to fly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anisha.doshi)
    Is it selfish of me to hope for this? :ninja:
    Very

Be happy and hopeful for us :awesome:

ReputationRep:

But no, I'm not lying or trolling in any way at all - a few hours ago, on my order history there were dates for dispatch + delivery. But now, all that's there are the delivery dates. :confused:
    You don't have to sign up for Imageshack, you can just upload without an account.

ReputationRep:

Do it now, or gtfo.

ReputationRep:

Just go on tinypic ffs. It only takes about one minute to upload then post the link.

ReputationRep:
    I need to sign up with imageshack first?
    lol, you act like such a n00b that I'm tempted to give you +rep for the general amusement. It's just that I'd feel at least awkward plusrepping a troll :lolwut:
    Yeah, you need to sign up with ImageShack and then pay for the year-long subscription - it's only £8.95 :awesome:

Yea, right. :rolleyes:

Maybe you should check once again, then we could - possibly - find out that your order has not in fact been placed at all? :confused:

:rofl:

(Original post by AP_89)
    Very

Be happy and hopeful for us :awesome:
    Okay, just for you lots :hugs: I will try my hardest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinkerbelle ♥)
    To be fair you did make a big song and dance earlier about how they took out the full amount for all 15 from your bank, then later admitted you hadn't checked your bank at all..

So it's not too far-fetched for people to suspect you're doing the same with this claim.
    Ah, but that was in blatant mock-sarcasm of a ridiculous post. So does evident sarcasm = trolling?

Haha, this thread is win win win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam7v)
    Haha brilliant

Do you have your iPod yet?

Are the pigs fed, watered and ready to fly?
    I hear their union prevents them flying after 7, or weekends, so looks like the rest of us have to wait till monday.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 10, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.