Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Why did you even make a thread? Something wrong with you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom Wigan)
    32gb is till 8 quid. someone order.
    I've ordered it.

ReputationRep:
    My mate says the law states that if something is priced wrongly, it is an invitation to treat, not a legal contract. They can say they don't want to sell it.

Lets hope they feel kind though :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clements-)
    why on earth would you bring this to their attention :facepalm2:
    I didn't. :p: Plus I don't think that a company should lose several thousand pounds for such a mistake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyle_S-C)
    I rang them, they are aware of the problem it seems. I wouldn't buy it if I were you.
    Why on earth did you ring them?

ReputationRep:
    yeh u idiot why did u ring them!

ReputationRep:
    why on earth would you bring this to their attention :facepalm2:
    While that poster was not the sharpest tool in the box, I ordered from these a 2 weeks ago and they already know.
    They said the item was out of stock and would not be restocked and gave me a full refund (well never charged me anything).
    The item was then relisted at the proper price. Whether or not they are contacted is going to make little difference.
    Not entirely unexpected really; no harm done either way

ReputationRep:
    Can they charge me the full amount later on or am I just playing it safe? I can risk £12 or something, but wouldn't want to have them on my jock asking me for £300 or whatever the original price is :lolwut:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i have bought a 32gb..
    order went through fine

All are back to normal price now. Was fun while it lasted.

ReputationRep:
    OH MY GOD.

Just realised:

'Please note that for items ordered from Amazon.co.uk this e-mail is only an acknowledgement of receipt of your order and your contract to purchase these items is not complete until we send you an e-mail notifying you that the items have been dispatched to you. For items purchased from third parties in Marketplace, this e-mail confirms the completion of your contract to purchase those items.'

When buying from amazon, you have to receive a second email. BUT with marketplace sellers as soon as you get the confirmation email, that's it! They have to give it to you at the contracted price.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher)
    I've ordered it.
    Great. Tell us what happens.

ReputationRep:
    Ordered two.. doubt we'll get anything.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Kyle_S-C)
    I didn't. :p: Plus I don't think that a company should lose several thousand pounds for such a mistake.
    we get ****** from every conceivable angle, and they always have one over on us.. **** them, it's our time to get back lol

ReputationRep:
    Might have been a crazy thing to do but I've just ordered 2 32GB's. Wait and see now...

ReputationRep:
    Just orded 2x 32gbs before the price went back up on that two - got a confimration email - so fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    OH MY GOD.

Just realised:

'Please note that for items ordered from Amazon.co.uk this e-mail is only an acknowledgement of receipt of your order and your contract to purchase these items is not complete until we send you an e-mail notifying you that the items have been dispatched to you. For items purchased from third parties in Marketplace, this e-mail confirms the completion of your contract to purchase those items.'

When buying from amazon, you have to receive a second email. BUT with marketplace sellers as soon as you get the confirmation email, that's it! They have to give it to you at the contracted price.
    I knew this from my Consumer law textbook, it actually has that exert from Amazon but I've ordered anyway. Buy clicking to buy you're actually making the offer which they can then accept or reject.

EDIT: Hang on, it's sold by 'IT Hardware Direct Ltd'.. third party, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anisha.doshi)
    All are back to normal price now. Was fun while it lasted.
    I still have got the £8 order open, just need to click "Place your order" to have it 100% confirmed :eek:

Should I do this? Is there any chance they might ask me for the full price later on? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    ". For items purchased from third parties in Marketplace, this e-mail confirms the completion of your contract to purchase those items."

ReputationRep:
    Right I've just ordered 2, and the comfirmation email has come through as well.
    Wait and see!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 10, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.