Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by Sam7v)
    It's past 800 responses and 40 pages. Someone please lock this turd sandwich of a thread.
    I want to see what happens with the IPods.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tango Freakster)
    I ******* LOVE YOU OP!!

I ordered one for the £8.50, got the e-mail and have spent the last hour making sure my dad (a solicitor) read through all the terms + conditions and he's ******* shocked - yes, they are legally obliged to SEND IT TO US!
    :eek3:

Bell-end alert!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamitri)
    Quite possible for those who placed a single order. I got to agree with the guy, I think his nickname is Nick_000 or something. Those people might actually get it, whereas greedy types who placed bulk orders - not really. That's why you need to keep this kind of stuff quiet once you find out, and involve your friends to place orders for you.
    Jealousy isn't beautiful, babes.

You crying over not ordering any suddenly results in you passionately *****ing about a schoolgirl. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    I'm sure another thread will turn up next week. I ordered one so I'll let you know if you like

ReputationRep:

You crying over not ordering any suddenly results in you passionately *****ing about a schoolgirl. :yy:

Good on you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clements-)
    you were basically being really full of it (although I swear that is the theme of a lot of your posts)
    That's true, but...

(Original post by Clements-)
    I find an obscene amount of people desperately irritating on here.
    Why the negativity? Chill out, man - it's summer, have some fun, negative emotions are waste of energy in general, it's better to use the energy you have in a more creative and positive way, really. No need for the negative vibes, ever.

I never get pissed off, tbh. I try to limit the negative emotions as much as possible. I can easily say that I've kinda learn to smother them inside and don't let them get out, whatever happens :yep:

28 year old schoolgirl?

Hahaha, LIAR.

ReputationRep:

Good on you.
    sssshhhhh

ReputationRep:
    28 year old schoolgirl?

Hahaha, LIAR.
    I dunno - a certain special person in this thread could've been held back a few years :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clothespeg)
    This thread is still going?? I watched it from about the 5th page JUST after they put the price up, and to be honest, I reckon that the company was scamming, hence the dodgy prices on several items and the cancellation of all companys items by amazon. Nice to imagine though

edit: haha that makes me look like I watched the thread continously since the 5th page or whatever: I left at about the 11th page I think

edit 2: stop feeding the troll, sillies
    how many posts do you have per page? i have 60 so to me it sounds like you read 420 posts!

ReputationRep:
    Quite possible for those who placed a single order. I got to agree with the guy, I think his nickname is Nick_000 or something. Those people might actually get it, whereas greedy types who placed bulk orders - not really. That's why you need to keep this kind of stuff quiet once you find out, and involve your friends to place orders for you.
    Yea had the OP kept quiet, they might have passed his order, maybe for some positive PR, and maybe for the other 10 or so people who managed to catch it in the time frame. However far too many orders have been placed to make it possible for a company to fulfil them.

ReputationRep:
    That's true, but...

Why the negativity? Chill out, man - it's summer, have some fun, negative emotions are waste of energy in general, it's better to use the energy you have in a more creative and positive way, really. No need for the negative vibes, ever.

I never get pissed off, tbh. I try to limit the negative emotions as much as possible. I can easily say that I've kinda learn to smother them inside and don't let them get out, whatever happens :yep:
    Yes, and instead channel those emotions to your frankly fugly exterior, Dimitri J. Nawrot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SC17)
    Hmm you sure about that? How come you didn't mention that on your first ever post here?...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...&postcount=238
    Ahahaha, awesome catch.

Also, I'd like to know what a solicitor is doing home at around 3 in the afternoon. Not very likely I'd have thought. Although possible.

I, personally, am really looking forward to no one getting one, mainly because I'm bitter that I did'nt quite get my order in in time

And to whoever said chances are you'll get them because they havent refunded, but they have changed the price: Changing the price or removing an item is a short process. Cancelling and refunding orders for I imagine hundreds or even thousands of iPods is a much larger process, and they will probably wait a while for them to have all gone through the system and then sort them all out in a batch en masse.

But, good luck! :yep:

edit: Also, you guys don't really think this was limited to just TSR users... seriously... Whether or not the OP talked about it, I imagine a lot of randomers saw it and bought one, and I've seen it posted on one or two other forums as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    how many posts do you have per page? i have 60 so to me it sounds like you read 420 posts!
    hmm not sure! don't think its anywhere near 60 though. 20 perhaps?

ReputationRep:

Good on you.
    Echo?

Your trolling skills are much to be desired.

Seriously, i think its time to close the thread. Another thread will no doubt turn up if someone receives their ipod.

Enough already with the petty arguments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by impervious)
    Yea had the OP kept quiet, they might have passed his order, maybe for some positive PR, and maybe for the other 10 or so people who managed to catch it in the time frame. However far too many orders have been placed to make it possible for a company to fulfil them.
    We'll see.

We'll see.
    Avoiding the point, are we?

28 year old "schoolgirl"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleekchic)
    Enough already with the petty arguments.
    Petty arguments?

How dare you, biatch.

You being jealous about not ordering any (let alone 15, haha) results in your sudden noble upheaval onto a high horse?

Haha.

ReputationRep:
    Avoiding the point, are we?

28 year old "schoolgirl"
    You what?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 10, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.