Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've ordered two aswell! Ain't expecting to get them, but oh well it's worth a try!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    all the prices have gone up, and i put my order in before. be careful when clicking send now, the price may have gone up for you too..

ReputationRep:
    I have just ordered one now...I hope this is no scam.

ReputationRep:
    Stop abusing the OP, if it wasnt for him you wouldnt have noticed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clements-)
    OH MY GOD.

Just realised:

'Please note that for items ordered from Amazon.co.uk this e-mail is only an acknowledgement of receipt of your order and your contract to purchase these items is not complete until we send you an e-mail notifying you that the items have been dispatched to you. For items purchased from third parties in Marketplace, this e-mail confirms the completion of your contract to purchase those items.'

When buying from amazon, you have to receive a second email. BUT with marketplace sellers as soon as you get the confirmation email, that's it! They have to give it to you at the contracted price.
    Hmmm. I ordered one but I just spoke to my dad (solicitor) about it and he says that if the mistake is an obvious one (say someone accidentally advertised a Rolls Royce for sale for 10p), then the sale does not necessarily have to go through.

(Original post by Dynamitri)
    I still have got the £8 order open, just need to click "Place your order" to have it 100% confirmed :eek:

Should I do this? Is there any chance they might ask me for the full price later on? :confused:
    Go for it. You can always cancel your order later (they will have to tell you the price has changed)

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha the price has gone up xD

As soon as I read the link about the 32GB one for £8.90, I ran to show my dad. He ordered seven :pinch:

Wonder if we'll get them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AP_89)
    I knew this from my Consumer law textbook, it actually has that exert from Amazon but I've ordered anyway. Buy clicking to buy you're actually making the offer which they can then accept or reject.

EDIT: Hang on, it's sold by 'IT Hardware Direct Ltd'.. third party, right?
    Er yeah, but that's only applicable to amazon. They can accept or decline but for marketplace sellers, the confirmation email is to show that the sale is final.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fabulous_darling)
    Hmmm. I ordered one but I just spoke to my dad (solicitor) about it and he says that if the mistake is an obvious one (say someone accidentally advertised a Rolls Royce for sale for 10p), then the sale does not necessarily have to go through.
    Define obvious.

ReputationRep:
    I've ordered one-even if they were to dispatch it and (wrongly) try and charge you the ful price you can send it back within 7 days.

ReputationRep:
    i will watch in interest to see if u guys get them or not!! Thank to whoever made the original post for making people aware of this!

ReputationRep:
    Er yeah, but that's only applicable to amazon. They can accept or decline but for marketplace sellers, the confirmation email is to show that the sale is final.
    So then the sale is final? As this isn't sold by Amazon. :woo:

Or no?

ReputationRep:
    Oh well, ordered one before the price change. Here's hoping!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AP_89)
    So then the sale is final? As this isn't sold by Amazon. :woo:

Or no?
    Well that's what their T&Cs state so yeah, I'd assume so.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by haydoncrewduk)
    ". For items purchased from third parties in Marketplace, this e-mail confirms the completion of your contract to purchase those items."
    "your contract to purchase" /=/ "their contract to sell"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom Wigan)
    Stop abusing the OP, if it wasnt for him you wouldnt have noticed!
    Thanks mate, people will abuse you for anything on here...
    Glad plenty of other people have ordered too, not just me if something goes horrifically wrong :rolleyes:
    Guess there's not much more we can do now, talk about a mad afternoon adrenaline rush!

ReputationRep:
    i have ordered one at £8.90 for 32gb

ReputationRep:
    I've ordered one looks like a legit seller, and did it just in time because i think the price is back to full now. Lets just wait and see..

ReputationRep:
    OH MY GOD.

Just realised:

'Please note that for items ordered from Amazon.co.uk this e-mail is only an acknowledgement of receipt of your order and your contract to purchase these items is not complete until we send you an e-mail notifying you that the items have been dispatched to you. For items purchased from third parties in Marketplace, this e-mail confirms the completion of your contract to purchase those items.'

When buying from amazon, you have to receive a second email. BUT with marketplace sellers as soon as you get the confirmation email, that's it! They have to give it to you at the contracted price.
    Can someone please explain what this means? I've ordered one, whilst the price was still £8.90, but really don't want to be charged £300 later on!

Can they charge me the proper price? I don't care about losing £13 but £300 is hell of a lot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AP_89)
    Define obvious.
    I don't know what the legal definition is, but the example my dad gave to me was the Rolls Royce one I mentioned in my earlier post. This seems like a similarly obvious mistake.

Guess we'll just have to see what happens.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 10, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.