Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I ordered the £8.90 one!!! *fingers crossed*

ReputationRep:
    Thanks OP lol

Just take plenty of screenshots to confirm your purchase and the T&C stuff

ReputationRep:
    ive ordered one. my dad insisted on paying for express delivery though so it cost me £19

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poppy1992)
    Can someone please explain what this means? I've ordered one, whilst the price was still £8.90, but really don't want to be charged £300 later on!

Can they charge me the proper price? I don't care about losing £13 but £300 is hell of a lot!
    No, they can't. Don't worry about that.

ReputationRep:
    The £8 iPod touch is gone =[

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam7v)
    Thanks OP lol

Just take plenty of screenshots to confirm your purchase and the T&C stuff
    You get a confirmation email.

ReputationRep:
    I managed to get 2 pages of the amazon open and i refreshed on and it changed proce but i went to carry on with the order and it is letting me have it for 8quid lol so ive just made an order for it lol

ReputationRep:
    Btw, just read this too -

'Despite our efforts, a small number of the millions of products in our catalogue are mispriced. Rest assured, however, that we verify prices as part of our dispatch procedures. If a product's correct price is lower than our stated price, we charge the lower amount and send you the product.'

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry everyone, you will not be charged full price without being asked. A major company like Amazon wouldn't do that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    There's always this one instead: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B..._luc_sbs_02_02

Might be worth the gamble, tbh.
    How did you suddenly come up with that?

ReputationRep:
    they cant take full amount off you later. only the amoutn you agreed. seems like it can be rejected by third party.

im thinking though whats to stop them saying they have run out of stock? then re advertising it a week later at the correct price

still fingers crossed tho. emaield recieved 10 July 2009 14:45:17 so hopefully i win :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AP_89)
    Yeah, I'd be screwed if they did that as I don't even have that much in my bank :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom Wigan)
    Don't worry everyone, you will not be charged full price without being asked. A major company like Amazon wouldn't do that.
    Exactly, imagine all the law suits and idiots on BBC news.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I ordered two of the 32GB ones for £8.90 each, before the price went back up. Got my confirmation email. Guess I'll wait and see what happens!

ReputationRep:
    I am so excited to see if this works, but I have a feeling they'll have run out of stock because of all the orders :sad: (or they'll send a cancellation e-mail, or we'll all be sent broken ones etc)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anisha.doshi)
    Go for it.
    ****. :mad:

:facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clements-)
    Yeah, I'd be screwed if they did that as I don't even have that much in my bank :p:
    Jokes on them :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesty)
    they cant take full amount off you later. only the amoutn you agreed. seems like it can be rejected by third party.

im thinking though whats to stop them saying they have run out of stock? then re advertising it a week later at the correct price

still fingers crossed tho. emaield recieved 10 July 2009 14:45:17 so hopefully i win :P
    Yeah, but that wouldn't work since it disappears when they run out of stock. Like, it just has. The seller has completely sold out of 32gbs by the looks of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AP_89)
    Oh that's good to know! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AP_89)
    Jokes on them :p:
    not really. I'd be ass-raped by unplanned overdraft.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 10, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.