Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViolatedTreason)
    but the email states that it is now final, and they are obliged to supply the goods. (massively paraphrased)
    That's no different to a seller on eBay refusing to send something that sold for less than they wanted, though.

Sure, you'll get your money back and the seller may have their account taken off them for non-performance, but there's little chance you'll ever receive the item.

ReputationRep:
    erm i don't see these ridiculous prices what am i doing wrong?!

ReputationRep:
    You won't get it :no: On hot uk deals this stuff comes up all the time and they'll probably email you saying it was mispriced

ReputationRep:
    or maybe theyre just having a special say where they are letting all the people who are quick enough get cheap stuff? thats what i hope anyway, even if the chance of this is less than 0.0000000001%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    or maybe theyre just having a special say where they are letting all the people who are quick enough get cheap stuff? thats what i hope anyway, even if the chance of this is less than 0.0000000001%
    Lmao, good one.

ReputationRep:
    i'm so dumb for only ordering one, could have made hundreds! ah well, fingers crossed this works!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leala4628)
    Despite our efforts, a small number of the millions of products in our catalogue are mispriced. Rest assured, however, that we verify prices as part of our dispatch procedures. If a product's correct price is lower than our stated price, we charge the lower amount and send you the product. If a product's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before dispatch or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation.
    Yes, but that's just amazon isn't it? According to Amazon T&C, the contract with the marketplace sellers is final.

ReputationRep:
    Similar case:
    http://news.zdnet.co.uk/internet/0,1...9226977,00.htm

ReputationRep:
    I ordered one, hope it works...will earn over a weeks wages selling it
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by jordan12)
    That's no different to a seller on eBay refusing to send something that sold for less than they wanted, though.

Sure, you'll get your money back and the seller may have their account taken off them for non-performance, but there's little chance you'll ever receive the item.
    but how much of a **** is it building up a reputation on sirtes like that. having their account deactivated would ruin them, and put them back to square one, trying to get in the first punters. its truly not worth it on their part.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jordan12)

lol on ebay they have to sell it you for that price, like on marketplace

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clements-)
    Yes, but that's just amazon isn't it? According to Amazon T&C, the contract with the marketplace sellers is final.
    everyone got theirs through that hardware tech ltd, right?

ReputationRep:
    Here is another example of it happening: http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/mu...00/8107301.stm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clements-)
    Aren't market place just public sellers not companies associated with amazon though?

I think we should all try and email newspapers/BBC to try and get some publicity about it. Amazon are less likely to deny the order if their company will look bad.

ReputationRep:
    by the way..if somehow the product IS dispatched...would you be able to cancel it? or would you return it back withint 7 days after recieving it?
    PS - i am still not convinced that this is going to work.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by tom//)
    yup.

ReputationRep:
    I ordered two. If we dont recieve them i say we bombard them with negative feedback. So IT Hardware Direct LTD, if u are sitting there reading this...you have been warned, give us our Ipods or suffer the concequences!! :mad2:

ReputationRep:
    lol all these errors are from amazon

it says the email isnt a contract to purchase unless its ordered off the marketplace

hopefully

Please note that for items ordered from Amazon.co.uk this e-mail is only an acknowledgement of receipt of your order and your contract to purchase these items is not complete until we send you an e-mail notifying you that the items have been dispatched to you. For items purchased from third parties in Marketplace, this e-mail confirms the completion of your contract to purchase those items.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pandabär)
    Wow! I would have thought they legally have to sell it to you for the price it's being advertised at? I think that's the case on the high-street. Not sure if it's the same online...
    No it's not, and neither is it on the high street. This counts as an invitation to treat, not a contract, and only if they actually deliver the product does it become legally binding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    Yeah.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 10, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.