Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It is quite strange that the formal Imperial accommodation application page only offer accommodation of the following place...

Beit
    Bernard Sunley Hall
    Fisher Hall
    Garden Hall
    Pembridge Hall
    Southside Hall
    Willis Jackson Hall
    Wilson House
    Eastside

Where are the Orient House,Parsons House and Piccadilly Court? Are they no longer available?

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps. They were listed when I made my application a month ago.

ReputationRep:
    ^ Are you sure?
    On the accomodation website it says that they are no longer available.
    And if I remember correctly they were not listed when I made my application a month ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AccidentProne)
    ^ Are you sure?
    On the accomodation website it says that they are no longer available.
    And if I remember correctly they were not listed when I made my application a month ago.
    Don't take my word for it; I wasn't considering applying to any of them, so I can't be sure. I just remember seeing the name 'Parsons' and noting that it had only single rooms.

Which website are you referring to? The Imperial Accommodation website only makes note of the fact that Piccadily Court won't be available.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ui9)
    Don't take my word for it; I wasn't considering applying to any of them, so I can't be sure. I just remember seeing the name 'Parsons' and noting that it had only single rooms.

Which website are you referring to? The Imperial Accommodation website only makes note of the fact that Piccadily Court won't be available.
    I saw it not available since the beginning of June, but no particular mention for Parson or Orient Hall...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ui9)

You are right I just looked at Piccadilly Court's section and assumed it was the same for the other halls. :P

However I am pretty sure that Parsons and Orient weren't available when I made my application. I can only assume that their web pages aren't up-to-date.
    So, in response to the OP's question, if they aren't on the accommodation application page they are not available as you can only apply online.

ReputationRep:
    You are right I just looked at Piccadilly Court's section and assumed it was the same for the other halls. :P

However I am pretty sure that Parsons and Orient weren't available when I made my application. I can only assume that their web pages aren't up-to-date.
    So, in response to the OP's question, if they aren't on the accommodation application page they are not available as you can only apply online.
    Really? I did not see any online application link either.. Do I have to e-mail them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wudanao)
    Really? I did not see any online application link either.. Do I have to e-mail them?
    I was referring to the link to the Student Rooms Online system (STROL) that everyone should have received in June. Which is the same one you were talking about in your first post.
    I just meant that perhaps this section is not up-to-date and that is the reason why Parsons and Orient are still in there, so you should refer to the STROL system to see which halls are available.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wudanao)

Where are the Orient House,Parsons House and Piccadilly Court? Are they no longer available?
    Most likely not. These were rented from an external housing organisation. With the completetion of Eastside and the availability of more college owned accomodation they are unneccesary and the college can provide a higher level of service.

ReputationRep:
    I was referring to the link to the Student Rooms Online system (STROL) that everyone should have received in June. Which is the same one you were talking about in your first post.
    I just meant that perhaps this section is not up-to-date and that is the reason why Parsons and Orient are still in there, so you should refer to the STROL system to see which halls are available.
    Thanks, but I've submitted it anyway, so not bother to do that anymore...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.