Turn on thread page Beta

She deleted me on facebook watch

please keep anon .Forgive my punctuation and paragraph structure im doing this on my crap phone. Well i added this girl on facebook after seeing her at a party.She accepted and i sent a little funny message to break the ice properly. She responded harshly and i messaged a day later:WOW i was teasing.u always this friendly :P? She then replied why of course cool so then i messaged:Wonderful so ill be hitting up mars and the rest of space in a few mins,u rolling with ?.....no reply for 2 days.
    So about 2 days ago I sent this:ahh u missed it!! PINK spaceships and all sorts! haha so u done anything good this summer?....no reply.i check her profile and realise she deleted me. i just feel stupid,shes gorgeou s and i wanted to be fun and look different from every other guy.Girls what should i have done?

ReputationRep:
    erm what

ReputationRep:
    You what? What kind of messages are they? :eyebrow:

ReputationRep:
    You sound mad

ReputationRep:
    Someone messaging me that much after only just meeting them would freak me out, especially as your messages come across as if you know her well, which from your post seems that you don't.

Try and be a bit more relaxed about it in future! Taking 2 days to reply is fairly normal, ease into the humour if you don't know them well, coming across as friendly but not excitable is better in my opinion. Sounds like she's not really the girl for you anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I agree with some of whats been said. It is harsh that she deleted you but those messages are a bit full on if you have only just met someone and she probably found them a little freaky.
    Its easier just to send polite friendly messages at first and then see where it develops from there really.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry but i would delete you as well :tongue: I have no idea what possessed you to talk about going to space and all that..Try to take it slowly next time and, please, whatever you do, don't mention planets in your PMs :grin:

ReputationRep:
    OP you didn't convey the better sides of your personality and probably intimidated/bored/didn't vibe with this person.

Social Interactions are trial and error. Don't get hung up on this one and go out and find someone else and try something new. Its always good to be different from every other guy but theres such a thing as bad publicity: You've got to appear a better option than all the other guys, not just a different one.

This should always be congruent with who you are as a person. For instance, get an unusual hobby: Surfing or rock climbing. Or something. Then your 'break the ice' statement can be 'Hey I'm going to do this..' Different, Interesting, and not boring.

If the person responds well then you can invite them to do this hobby with you at some point in the future.

so on and so forth.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe she doesn't share your sense of humour

ReputationRep:
    I dont get the space thing. Did you mean you were going on Myspace and tried to make a joke about that?
    Either way, anything to do with space comes across as nerdy to most girls, so i dont blame her. Just dont stalk her now shes deleted you.

ReputationRep:
    She clearly wasn't interested in you unfortunately. Try not to worry about it - get out there and meet someone else. I'm sure there is a girl who will appreciate you for being different from other guys, for being who you are.

You do sound very friendly. She obviously didn't appreciate that.

ReputationRep:
    weirdo

ReputationRep:
    what on earth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    so ill be hitting up mars and the rest of space in a few mins,u rolling with ?.....no reply for 2 days.
    So about 2 days ago I sent this:ahh u missed it!! PINK spaceships
    :rofl: Comic genius... what is wrong with this girl?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    please keep anon .Forgive my punctuation and paragraph structure im doing this on my crap phone. Well i added this girl on facebook after seeing her at a party.She accepted and i sent a little funny message to break the ice properly. She responded harshly and i messaged a day later:WOW i was teasing.u always this friendly :P? She then replied why of course cool so then i messaged:Wonderful so ill be hitting up mars and the rest of space in a few mins,u rolling with ?.....no reply for 2 days.
    So about 2 days ago I sent this:ahh u missed it!! PINK spaceships and all sorts! haha so u done anything good this summer?....no reply.i check her profile and realise she deleted me. i just feel stupid,shes gorgeou s and i wanted to be fun and look different from every other guy.Girls what should i have done?
    Wow. After that I want add you on facebook just so I can delete you. Name?

But really, like...wow. How about next time, 'Heya, nice meeting you at the party yesterday - enjoy yourself? got anything else plane- blah blah etcetc'

ReputationRep:
    Im thinking of drifting away into space in a pod of isolation, excluded from all human contact for eternity......so any girls wanna come with?

If this fails, i dont have a clue about girls lol

ReputationRep:
    She sounds pretty out of order to be honest. I don't think it's anything you did. Shake it off and move on.

ReputationRep:
    cleary mad

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.