Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

*keep anon please*

I know there has been many of these but im frustrated and think i need a verbal slap in the face from fellow TSRers

I split up with my girlfriend 2/3 months ago. she was perfect and i have never felt for anyone the amount i did for her. I split up because i never felt the love back, she wanted to be with me because she felt like she had to. Thats how she made me feel anyway. I bit the bullet and split up with her. Even though i fell head over heels i knew this was the right thing because I was always so frustrated when i was with her.

I found out today she is now seeing a new guy and it gave me that whole "heart drops to the floor" feeling. I know she was eventually gonna be seeing other men but i hate the thought of it so much!

Im am a 23 year old male about to start uni in september. I have been told i am a good looking bloke and the classic tall dark and handsome. I am funny and love making mates, girls and anyone laugh. Im quite clever (well, enough to string together a sentence or two and answer general knowledge pretty well).

I am a realist which means I dont see the point in wasting time and want to make the most of every second i have. Im light hearted and try not to act too desperate with women but this is my issue;

Where am i going wrong?

I dont stalk women or act like a complete n*b. I sometimes wonder if this is my problem. i am normally the classic nice guy but ive hit a point where im wondering if i should forget being like that and turn into a complete c*ck. one of my friends ignores womens texts and act so arrogant with them and he has about 20 girls following him all the time where as i hate playing games and will text back whenever and im nice to them.

I chat on facebook/text/msn to various girls i know and some which i massivley fancy but they just dont seem too interested and its gone from thinking "maybe im just not their type" to "maybe im too nice?"

and im always talking to them first. i always have to strike up the conversations.

part of my problem is that all of my friends have girlfriends which means wknds are spent going round mates houses therefore i dont get to meet new people. I am preying uni in september will be the start of new things but want to remain single until then. would be nice just to feel good again and get my self esteem up. I used to be confident but just feel s**t lately.

sorry for long rant but to summerise should i stay the same and be patient, stop being stupid or turn a bit meaner and more hard-nosed?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 10, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.